Cindy Sheehan at it again

minors

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 12:31 AM)
The attention whore strikes again.

:puke

:lol: Seriously though, I feel bad that she lost her son. I have never had an experience close to that, but the fact is that all of this parading arounding the country isn't going to bring him back. She needs to move on and just try to honor her son's memory as much as possible

She's trying to stop having other people suffer the same loss that she had to go through (and that's pretty obviously caused her more than a bit of mental trauma)

I just find it funny that people claim she's an attention whore (which, she is to some extent) yet they fail to denote it on other occasions. Nobody comes out and says "Hey, there's John Walsh! What an attention whore using the death of his own son to start his own TV shows, go on the talk show circuit and become a national voice in the public arena about a topical current event issue!"

i think that is exactly what she is trying to do, don't you???

No I do not. All she did was ruin her son's name she should let him rest in peace and having his name remembered for the great things he did in the war. Now when people hear is name they think of that wacko.

She's trying to stop having other people suffer the same loss that she had to go through (and that's pretty obviously caused her more than a bit of mental trauma)

I just find it funny that people claim she's an attention whore (which, she is to some extent) yet they fail to denote it on other occasions. Nobody comes out and says "Hey, there's John Walsh! What an attention whore using the death of his own son to start his own TV shows, go on the talk show circuit and become a national voice in the public arena about a topical current event issue!"

Comparing John Walsh to her.... Come on now that has to be one of the worst comparisons I have ever heard. He is doing something good by showcasing the police and trying get thugs put away. Many people have gone through her loss but what she is doing is furthering her own cause nothing more. Speaking to deserters in Canada yeah she is really trying to help. My mom went through the same loss and she didn't going camping on LBJ's yard making a f***ing fool of herself and her brothers name. BTW she has had a mental illness well before this happened

QUOTE(minors @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
No I do not. All she did was ruin her son's name she should let him rest in peace and having his name remembered for the great things he did in the war. Now when people hear is name they think of that wacko.

Comparing John Walsh to her.... Come on now that has to be one of the worst comparisons I have ever heard. He is doing something good by showcasing the police and trying get thugs put away. Many people have gone through her loss but what she is doing is furthering her own cause nothing more. Speaking to deserters in Canada yeah she is really trying to help. My mom went through the same loss and she didn't going camping on LBJ's yard making a f***ing fool of herself and her brothers name. BTW she has had a mental illness well before this happened

In other words, because you don't believe in the cause Cindy Sheehan has chosen, it's a terrible comparison, and she's only furthering her own cause.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 06:01 PM)

great point.

In other words, because you don't believe in the cause Cindy Sheehan has chosen, it's a terrible comparison, and she's only furthering her own cause.

Yeah because one is trying to help which he has done and doing something good with his name. The other is f***ed in the head and is ruining her brave son's name.

QUOTE(minors @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)
Yeah because one is trying to help which he has done and doing something good with his name. The other is f***ed in the head and is ruining her brave son's name.

cindy isnt trying to help others not obtain the same fate as her son???

QUOTE(minors @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 01:18 PM)

She's gotten some soldiers to question and helped in the development of a larger debate on the issue of Iraq and our being there. In doing so, she's probably stopped some death from occuring (i.e. people who deserted and people who didn't sign up because they saw what was going on)

If you're going to state that:

a. lost a child

b. went on a national crusade to deal with the cause of what killed the child

c. stopped some quantifiable amount of death

Is a good thing for John Walsh, then it must be a good thing for Sheehan. They're both attention whores -- and they're both trying to hold people accountable for their actions and cut down on the amount of bloodshed.

cindy isnt trying to help others not obtain the same fate as her son???

Which is bravely going over being a hero, taking down the terrorists, and making a better life for the people over there. Death happens it is what you do with your life that matters and she should be proud for her son instead making a fool out of him. Like I said earlier my family has went through this same situation and knows what she is going through yet they did not going around making fools out of themselves.

Rule number one from the Republican playbook. If you disagree with their message, call them a fool, a two year old, and tell them to STFU.

Tolerance for other people's opinions has never been a Republican trait. Thats why O'Reilly and Coulter and all the other righties out there hate Sheehan so much (and why they are so financially successful).

I doubt Cindy Sheehan is doing this for any reason other than it is what she personally believes. I don't think she is using this anti-war campaign for anything other than to end the war quickly... maybe save a few american lives. She isn't making book deals, buying beachfront houses, or cruising around in a ferrari.

The these Republicans are so ready to crucify Cindy Sheehan... For what? Because she doesn't support Bush... Lets face it, even if you don't think Bush lied to send us to war, he CLEARLY exagerrated the reasons for going to war. When misrepresentations are made, and people are killed, the public has a right to blame the people at the top. Thats all Cindy Sheehan is doing... and she has a right to do it.

Edited by AbeFroman

Rule number one from the Republican playbook. If you disagree with their message, call them a fool, a two year old, and tell them to STFU.

Tolerance for other people's opinions has never been a Republican trait. Thats why O'Reilly and Coulter and all the other righties out there hate Sheehan so much (and why they are so financially successful).

I doubt Cindy Sheehan is doing this for any reason other than it is what she personally believes. I don't think she is using this anti-war campaign for anything other than to end the war quickly... maybe save a few american lives. She isn't making book deals, buying beachfront houses, or cruising around in a ferrari.

The these Republicans are so ready to crucify Cindy Sheehan... For what? Because she doesn't support Bush... Lets face it, even if you don't think Bush lied to send us to war, he CLEARLY exaggerated the reasons for going to war. When misrepresentations are made, and people are killed, the public has a right to blame the people at the top. Thats all Cindy Sheehan is doing... and she has a right to do it.

And she is someone that the Liberal media can go gaga over. Answer me one question why aren't the mothers of other victims who are trying to honor their sons and daughters name get mentioning in the media it is because they don't support the liberal theme which is anti war. Rule number in the liberal playbook is if it is a republican idea then it has to be wrong. How can you say Iraq was wrong we took down terrorist regime which lets not kid ourselves had a lot to do with 9/11 and other terrorist acts.

QUOTE(minors @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
And she is someone that the Liberal media can go gaga over. Answer me one question why aren't the mothers of other victims who are trying to honor their sons and daughters name get mentioning in the media it is because they don't support the liberal theme which is anti war. Rule number in the liberal playbook is if it is a republican idea then it has to be wrong. How can you say Iraq was wrong we took down terrorist regime which lets not kid ourselves had a lot to do with 9/11 and other terrorist acts.

Except for the well established fact that fundamentalist Muslims were oppressed by Saddam's regime, that Saddam was incredibly secular in his regime, that the intelligence saying there was a connection between Saddam and bin Laden was totally debunked...then yeah, they had a lot to do with each other.

And don't get me wrong, Saddam was a bad guy. But it is difficult to whine about Saddam when we had such an instrumental role in empowering him and equipping him to take out so many people. http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html

http://www.progressive.org/node/1866/print

http://www.woi-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4901538 -- more anti-war mothers

Or how about: http://www.mfaw.org.uk/ Military families against the war (UK version)

http://www.gsfp.org/ - Gold Star Families for Peace (US version of military families against the war)

There's plenty of anti-war mothers who have been marching. Sheehan only got attention because of Camp Casey when she was the lone person camped out there demanding answers.

Again I came up from a military family my uncle was sent to Vietnam just 2 months after joining the military to be a mechanic but that Liberal son-of a b**** Johnson needed extra troops so the higher ups rigged a Generals jeep so the breaks wouldn't work he took it out on the course he crashed it so his sentence was to serve in Vietnam and get 6 months training. Well Johnson cuts his training to 10 days. He goes over to Vietnam and while coming back from a mission he noticed 5 snipers ready to take out the entire platoon and shoots the snipers they were able to fire one bullet which killed him. And all my mom and her family got back was him in a box with some f***ing liberal hippies calling him a pig oh and a purple heart and a I am sorry letter from that bastard Johnson. Now that is unfair but they didn't go out protesting there are other ways to express themselves without doing it for there own self gain.

Oh, come on -- that's rule number one in politics, not just in the Republican playbook. In an adversarial political system (which is what we have, what with checks and balances and two parties), that's the way it goes.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
"Neo-con" "Christian right"

I'm not so sure that those are insults, mate. They may have connotations amongst certain segments of the populace, but they are very much ideologies and fair titles of political philosophy.

Neoconservatism is a very well segment of the Republican Party, formerly having been in the Democratic Party, started up by Norman Podhoretz and his friends at Commentary Magazine. "Neocon" isn't an insult -- it's an ideology.

Also: I think "Christian Right" might have a negative connotation in Liberal circles, but it very well is an accurate representation of what Pat Robertson and James Dobson do: they are on the Right side of the political spectrum; they focus on Biblical and moral policy. Christian Right an insult?

QUOTE(minors @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:47 PM)
Again I came up from a military family my uncle was sent to Vietnam just 2 months after joining the military to be a mechanic but that Liberal son-of a b**** Johnson needed extra troops so the higher ups rigged a Generals jeep so the breaks wouldn't work he took it out on the course he crashed it so his sentence was to serve in Vietnam and get 6 months training. Well Johnson cuts his training to 10 days. He goes over to Vietnam and while coming back from a mission he noticed 5 snipers ready to take out the entire platoon and shoots the snipers they were able to fire one bullet which killed him. And all my mom and her family got back was him in a box with some f***ing liberal hippies calling him a pig oh and a purple heart and a I am sorry letter from that bastard Johnson. Now that is unfair but they didn't go out protesting there are other ways to express themselves without doing it for there own self gain.

That mother f***ing Lyndon Johnson!

George Bush is nothing like him.

Seriously, dude, do you have any objectivity in your body, or is everything a cause for reactionarynessnessness?