Cindy Sheehan at it again

minors

QUOTE(minors @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:47 PM)
Again I came up from a military family my uncle was sent to Vietnam just 2 months after joining the military to be a mechanic but that Liberal son-of a b**** Johnson needed extra troops so the higher ups rigged a Generals jeep so the breaks wouldn't work he took it out on the course he crashed it so his sentence was to serve in Vietnam and get 6 months training. Well Johnson cuts his training to 10 days. He goes over to Vietnam and while coming back from a mission he noticed 5 snipers ready to take out the entire platoon and shoots the snipers they were able to fire one bullet which killed him. And all my mom and her family got back was him in a box with some f***ing liberal hippies calling him a pig oh and a purple heart and a I am sorry letter from that bastard Johnson. Now that is unfair but they didn't go out protesting there are other ways to express themselves without doing it for there own self gain.

You're not going to get any argument from me that Vietnam was wrong, that the Gulf of Tonkin incident most likely never took place, et al. The Joint Chiefs of Staff and Dept. of Defense all had such hardons for proxy wars they even wanted to blow up US passenger jets over Cuba to blame Cuba so we could fight Communists during the JFK administration.

Sheehan, Military Families Against the War, et al. are trying to make it so the terrible situation that happened with the death of your uncle doesn't happen to more people. They don't want more people to face that tragedy, because even 1 is too many.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
Oh, come on -- that's rule number one in politics, not just in the Republican playbook. In an adversarial political system (which is what we have, what with checks and balances and two parties), that's the way it goes.

I'm not so sure that those are insults, mate. They may have connotations amongst certain segments of the populace, but they are very much ideologies and fair titles of political philosophy.

Neoconservatism is a very well segment of the Republican Party, formerly having been in the Democratic Party, started up by Norman Podhoretz and his friends at Commentary Magazine. "Neocon" isn't an insult -- it's an ideology.

Also: I think "Christian Right" might have a negative connotation in Liberal circles, but it very well is an accurate representation of what Pat Robertson and James Dobson do: they are on the Right side of the political spectrum; they focus on Biblical and moral policy. Christian Right an insult?

That mother f***ing Lyndon Johnson!

Those terms alone are not slander, and neither is "liberal". But they get used as an insult everyday in some way, shape, or form. To call it a "republician" rule is misleading, and that's why I threw those two terms out there.

Oh, come on -- that's rule number one in politics, not just in the Republican playbook. In an adversarial political system (which is what we have, what with checks and balances and two parties), that's the way it goes.

I'm not so sure that those are insults, mate. They may have connotations amongst certain segments of the populace, but they are very much ideologies and fair titles of political philosophy.

Neoconservatism is a very well segment of the Republican Party, formerly having been in the Democratic Party, started up by Norman Podhoretz and his friends at Commentary Magazine. "Neocon" isn't an insult -- it's an ideology.

Also: I think "Christian Right" might have a negative connotation in Liberal circles, but it very well is an accurate representation of what Pat Robertson and James Dobson do: they are on the Right side of the political spectrum; they focus on Biblical and moral policy. Christian Right an insult?

That mother f***ing Lyndon Johnson!

George Bush is nothing like him.

Seriously, dude, do you have any objectivity in your body, or is everything a cause for reactionarynessnessness?

Having to hear mom talk about the hippie liberals throwing things at his casket calling him a pig is why I hate liberals never will I vote for a liberal or believe a thing they say.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
Those terms alone are not slander, and neither is "liberal". But they get used as an insult everyday in some way, shape, or form. To call it a "republician" rule is misleading, and that's why I threw those two terms out there.

To call it a "Republican Rule" is dishonest, to be sure.

I was merely pointing out that both those phrases have origins in ideology, but you're right that they're abused by cranks and twisted.

Having to hear mom talk about the hippie liberals throwing things at his casket calling him a pig is why I hate liberals never will I vote for a liberal or believe a thing they say.

I think that's an awful thing for people to do, and I'm sorry to hear that your mother had to experience that.

I will say this, though: tastelessness is bipartisan. Just talk to Fred Phelps about that.

Sheehan, Military Families Against the War, et al. are trying to make it so the terrible situation that happened with the death of your uncle doesn't happen to more people. They don't want more people to face that tragedy, because even 1 is too many.

I think his problem with Sheehan has to do with the fact that she's speaking for her son who, by all accounts, supportered the War. I'm not sure, however, as he seems to have a reactionary hatred for anything liberal. Scratch that -- he DOES have it, by his own admission, which is fine enough. To each his own.

QUOTE(minors @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)

I think you need to calm down a little, All liberals are not hippies, I am proud to call myself a Democrat and if that makes me into a liberal then I am fine with that.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
I think you need to calm down a little, All liberals are not hippies, I am proud to call myself a Democrat and if that makes me into a liberal then I am fine with that.

HIPPEE!!! :P

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
I know a conservative guy that shot a dog once. I think it's pretty safe to say all conservatives want to shoot puppies.

LCR just wants to drown them, I think.

"Just think somewhere in this state right now Jeb Bush is eating a live puppy." - Stewie Griffin

fristquote.gif

(Link)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
"Neo-con" "Christian right"

Difference being that the word liberal is pretty much the one word all of the Western world is based on.

QUOTE(minors @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)

Please return to reality now. Do not pass go.

QUOTE(samclemens @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 05:11 PM)
this is another pethetic and shameless attempt by sheehan to grab headlines, since she used up all her points by pimping out her deceased son

No more pimped out than the references to fetuses by the Christian right.

No more pimped out than Terri Schaivo by the 'pro-life' movement.

No more pimped out than the irrational hobgoblin of gay marriage destroying Western civilization.

No more pimped out than John Walsh using the death of his son to get two TV shows and going on his own national crusade.

No more pimped out than the tired, lame-ass non-issue of flag burning amendments to get peoples' minds off of actual issues.

Please return to reality now. Do not pass go.

Another quality liberal post. One thing is interesting though when I call someone a liberal they get upset why is that? I know when I am called Conservative I take it as a complement.

I will not calm down. My uncle has done more than you ever have or ever will. What have you ever done to serve you country I bet not one damn thing. Don't ever tell me what to do, you are real pathetic

QUOTE(minors @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 05:55 PM)
Another quality liberal post. One thing is interesting though when I call someone a liberal they get upset why is that? I know when I am called Conservative I take it as a complement.

I will not calm down. My uncle has done more than you ever have or ever will. What have you ever done to serve you country I bet not one damn thing. Don't ever tell me what to do, you are real pathetic.

Knock it off with the personal insults around here folks, that goes for everybody.

As for being called 'liberal', most people don't throw themselves behind one of two choices in the seemingly bichromatic political system in the US.

QUOTE(minors @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
I will not calm down. My uncle has done more than you ever have or ever will. What have you ever done to serve you country I bet not one damn thing. Don't ever tell me what to do, you are real pathetic

Now come on is this type of personal attack needed. I never once said your uncle was killer or anything about you. I am tried of you always attacking me over stupidness

:headshake