Props to Sox Fans re: Cincy

whitesoxfan101

I didn't get to today's game, but while I was in Cincy and at the game and all that, you could see Sox fans EVERYWHERE. Downtown, at the park, on the roads, at the restaurants, making more noise than the Reds fans in the park. Well done Sox Army, and oh yeah good to see the team hitting it's stride, EVERYBODY contributing, and it's starting to feel like 2005 again.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 2-8 homestand wiped out everything the Reds had gained during their eight-game winning streak to open the month. Many of the fans wore White Sox jerseys and rooted for the visitors during the weekend series -- something the players noticed.

It was Cincinnati's worst 10-game homestand since 1950.

"This is a terrible homestand," said Brandon Phillips, who had one of the four hits off Garland. "You see everybody in the stands for the White Sox -- they came to support their team. I understand why Reds fans are mad. We're not being consistent."

^^^from the espn recap

:headbang

Edited by tealeafreaderii

Just wanted to second this myself. Me and the family were at the games Friday and Saturday and there were sooooo many Sox fans, it was just absolutely fantastic. We took away their home crowd advantage.

I just got back from Cincy and I was absolutely blown away. I could not believe the Sox fans in attendance. The hotels were packed with Sox fans. I was at the games on Saturday and Sunday, the crowds were very pro-Sox. I was in Left Field on Saturday where the Sox fans were extra loud. The come from behind victory made them extra boisteroius. High fives all around. We came, we saw, we conquered. Seeing the Great American Ballpark flooded with Sox fans made me proud.

On a side note, I was very impressed with Cincinnati. This was my fourth time in the city (first for pleasure), and I loved it. The people were very friendly, ballpark is wonderful, the city deserves a winner.

Just got back from Cincy this weekend was f***ing great seeing the Sox fans all over town was awesome. Left field during the Friday and Saturday game was nuts, there was one fan standing on the concourse both games shouting go Sox he had a motor that did not quit.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
The Reds would be pretty damn good if they could find a starting pitcher or four.

They have 4 good ones right now. They'd be REALLY damn good if they didn't have the worst bullpen in baseball (ironically, the 2nd worst one also is in Ohio :)).

I had a ton of car trouble this weekend, so I didnt make it to Cincy, but let me tell you ..................

KUDOS to SOX fans - ever hit you could HEAR LOUDLY the fans. Every time the cameras followed a foul ball, the camera "accidentally" would catch SOX fans in every camera shot.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - to WGN & partner-in-crime COMCAST, they about did as much as they could to NOT show the huge numbers of SOX Fans in the park, the area, the town. Despite their efforts to NOT gratuitiously show SOX fans on camera, I saw at least 4 of you guys down there!! heh hehe,

pretty funny

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - to WGN & partner-in-crime COMCAST, they about did as much as they could to NOT show the huge numbers of SOX Fans in the park, the area, the town. Despite their efforts to NOT gratuitiously show SOX fans on camera

BS.

I watched all three games in their entirety, every crowd shot they focused in on Sox fans. Saying it was a purposeful effort on their part not to show Sox fans ... please, give it a rest.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 08:21 AM)
Hearing chants of 'Let's Go White Sox' and 'Paulie, Paulie' was just awesome. Cheers to all that made it a home away from home. :cheers

I watched at a local watering hole in Naperville, and people started asking "are they chanting for the SOX?"

that was AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is being mentioned on the radio and on tv as a matter of fact, the SOX fans that went to Cincy, you were noticed (mostly) so good for you. A buddy of mine who went, said SOX fans took over Cincy, and that Red fans were very cordial and polite and a lot of them were cheering for the SOX also?! wow.