Barrett's suspension upheld

SoxFanInDallas

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
Bob Watson is a YES man ..............

If this lazy-ass would get his butt out of the golf cart, put the clubs away, and did some work,

this wouldve been taken care of 48 hours after it happened. MLB = Pathetic

It is a joke. They dispatch a guy to Chicago for an appeal hearing on June 16, for an act that occurred May 20. I figured it would take weeks. I thought maybe 2, at the most 3, but tomorrow it will be 4. Who knows how long until they rule.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
It is a joke. They dispatch a guy to Chicago for an appeal hearing on June 16, for an act that occurred May 20. I figured it would take weeks. I thought maybe 2, at the most 3, but tomorrow it will be 4. Who knows how long until they rule.

The appeal process is ridiculous. Within 48 hours, if a player appeals, he has 48 hours to FLY TO NY

and appeal in person. And put an end to the APPEAL ROULETTE WHEEL, where appealing guarantees a few games shaved off original suspension. This isnt a freaking game show. Your suspension means your suspended, you arent free to serve it when your good and ready.

One way to look at it is ... if Barrett's suspension process/hearing had been quicker he would've played vs. the White Sox anyways.

The time lapse between act and ultimate decision is really ridiculous though.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 11:17 AM)
Barrett will begin serving today, hit suspension has been upheld, he'll have to sit out for 10 days and will be back on the 30th just in time to play game 1 Vs the Sox.

What a crock of s***. So he sits out as the Cubs play against the AL Central, and comes back to face the team that he offended against. That's just stupid.

Glad to see that MLB had the balls not to reduce his suspension and stuck by the original timeframe of 10 games......

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

It's a sure thing that Tracy won't be back for the next crosstown series as you have to figure Ozzie will try to extract some revenge (Montero seems like the likely suspect to go after him as we won't miss him much for the 5 games he's sure to receive after this predictable action)

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
(unless the Cubs do something stupid and I don't see that)

U do forget that they have King Clown on their team, Zambrano.... not that Ive even checked to see if we face him. If its not Jeremy Piven or AJ, they'll find somethign to whine about and take it out on us.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
I'm guessing there will be an automatic ejection in affect for that series. Unless it's some looping curveball that gets away. There won't be anything going on except a hard slide into second.

Im not so sure. Even if Im wrong tensions are defenitely gonna be really high and the potential for violence will be constant throughout the series.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
What a crock of s***. So he sits out as the Cubs play against the AL Central, and comes back to face the team that he offended against. That's just stupid.

No sense whining about it, it's not like they are going to be competitive against the AL Central even with his punk ass in the lineup. Lets just go out there and sweep em like the b****es that they are.