Barrett's suspension upheld

SoxFanInDallas

To be honest, I'm glad he will be back. I think Henry Blanco is better than Mary Barrett. Definately on defense and working with pitchers. Mary puts up better fantasy numbers with the bat but Blanco has a knack for doing what is needed at any point of the game, particularly against the White Sox. Might be a blessing if Barrett plays all three.

QUOTE(SouthsideNorthsideFan @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 11:59 PM)
please...

There are those magical 3 weeks where Henry Blanco just hits the s*** out of the ball. It's the baseball equivalent of a chimp being in heat. Nothing stops his insatiable desire to smack the hell out of the ball.

Blanco's been tearing it up recently...Not only 3-4 with a HR and 4 RBI against the Tribe tonight but:

DATE OPP RESULT AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB BA

6/18 Det L 3-12 3 1 2 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 .203

6/17 Det L 3-9 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 .179

6/16 Det L 3-5 4 1 3 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 .173

6/9 @Cin W 6-5 3 1 2 1 0 0 3 0 0 0 .125

6/6 @Hou L 1-4 2 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 .089

5/30 Cin W 8-3 4 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 .070

I do think it is pretty s***ty timing by MLB to let him play aganist the White Sox. It just made sense to have sit for those three games it is not like there was any urgency to get this thing settled on their part. If he is not in the lineup nothing can happen. Now something can. MLB seems to have a very odd way of handling pitchers that throw at hitters. How does Randy Johnson get suspended for not hitting someone but Escobar and Padilla intentionally hit someone TWICE and it is not an issue?????