ST Poll: Should Pablo Ozuna become an everyday starter?

Heads22

Leave him doing what he's doing.

Sometimes removing someone from their comfort zone minimizes their effectiveness, or at the very least causes a learning/adjustment period where the player is less successful.

B-Mac in the pen and Iguchi in the 6 or 7 spot come to mind.

If he's going to start, it would be in left. Cintron and Uribe at SS is the best option, and there isn't room anywhere else. I don't want him to start right now, because I fear his weaknesses at the plate (and of course in the field) would be exposed while playing that much, but if Pods keeps up his current pace, I'd ease Pablo into it and play him more and more in left.

I think his role right now is perfect for him. We can use him for a pinch runner in late and close games and also use him to give several guys a rest.

Plus he doesn't seem to mind not batting everyday, that average hasn't dipped in a month it seems like.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
I think his role right now is perfect for him. We can use him for a pinch runner in late and close games and also use him to give several guys a rest.

Plus he doesn't seem to mind not batting everyday, that average hasn't dipped in a month it seems like.

Agree with this 100%. Playing Pablo a couple times a week maxamizes what he does well and minimizes the damage he does in the field (for as bad as Pods is in LF, he is still marginally better than Pablo). Also, as SnB mentioned, the ability to hit consistently without being an everyday player is a rare skill, keep Pablo doing what he's doing.

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 01:18 PM)
Where would you put him though?

2nd base?

I have to say if this were posted a few weeks ago I would have said to have Ozuna start at SS. But now that Uribe has been hitting better I am gonna say no and give him more time to come around.

Edited by WinningUgly85