CUBS or Indians

rangercal

Who will you root for to win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you root for to win?

• Cubs
    • Indians

Some people hate cleveland more than the cubs. I still dislike cleveland for all those painful seasons in the 90's watching them pwn us. our rivalry was at it's peak in 94, 97 ,2000 and just recently in 2005. Plus , I still am not counting them out. Not after last year. Who will you guys be pulling to win in this series?

Edited by rangercal

I would rather the Indians eliminate themselves before the Allstar break. The Cubs are such a trainwreck at this juncture its pointless to root against them so I'm hoping they go into Cleveland and sweep away the Injuns. Plus I've never been one to spend my time rooting against the Cubs. Too bad that is never going to happen. :bang

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
Some people hate cleveland more than the cubs. I still dislike cleveland for all those painful seasons in the 90's watching them pwn us. Are rivalry was at it's peak in 94, 97 ,2000 and just recently in 2005. Plus , I still am not counting them out. Not after last year. Who will you guys be pulling to win in this series?

Wait, you wouldn't root for the Cubs over Detroit, which is a team that has better pitching and a similarly strong offense as the Indians, but you'll root for the Indians, whose pitching blows something awful, over the Cubs, even though you "have reasons" to hate the Cubs and never want to root for them?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
Wait, you wouldn't root for the Cubs over Detroit, which is a team that has better pitching and a similarly strong offense as the Indians, but you'll root for the Indians, whose pitching blows something awful, over the Cubs, even though you "have reasons" to hate the Cubs and never want to root for them?

If you learn how to read. I never said what my choice was. In fact, I have not voted yet.

seriously, i don't get rooting against the cubs at this point in the season.

If they're in a pennant race, fine, but as for right now, their season is lost and they shouldn't matter AT ALL to us.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
seriously, i don't get rooting against the cubs at this point in the season.

If they're in a pennant race, fine, but as for right now, their season is lost and they shouldn't matter AT ALL to us.

We still have 3 more games against them. The last thing we want is for them to go into that series having hope.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
We still have 3 more games against them. The last thing we want is for them to go into that series having hope.

What, they're all the sudden going to have hope by winning a series? This team just blows, as long as we show up we should win 2 of 3.

I will root for any team to beat the Tigers, Indians, and Twins. And if they're playing each other, I'll root for the worse team.

I live 30 feet from the Cell, so I know what the rivalry between the Sox and Cubs is about. But, that rivalry is dead this year. The Cubs are beyond done, and if them winning will help the Sox, I will hope for a Cubs' win.

I've never seen their fans so pathetic. They don't talk s*** like they used to, and if they do, it's only in a friendly way now. They know their team is done. They know the Cubs have nothing on the Sox anymore. The Cubs can win these games and I'll be happy.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 06:31 PM)
I will root for any team to beat the Tigers, Indians, and Twins. And if they're playing each other, I'll root for the worse team.

I live 30 feet from the Cell, so I know what the rivalry between the Sox and Cubs is about. But, that rivalry is dead this year. The Cubs are beyond done, and if them winning will help the Sox, I will hope for a Cubs' win.

I've never seen their fans so pathetic. They don't talk s*** like they used to, and if they do, it's only in a friendly way now. They know their team is done. They know the Cubs have nothing on the Sox anymore. The Cubs can win these games and I'll be happy.

Think about what Cubs fans have been through the last 3 years:

1) They blow their best chance in years to get to and win a World Series with a historic, epic chokejob that has me LMAO to this day.

2) They blow a 2 game lead the final week for the WC in which they got owned by the Mets and Reds, both whom were terrible in '04.

3) The Red Sox end their 86 year title drought.

4) The White Sox end their 88 year title drought -- and have a legitimate chance to win another one this year.

I would've ended my life a long time ago if I was a fan of this disgrace of a franchise.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
I would rather the Indians eliminate themselves before the Allstar break. The Cubs are such a trainwreck at this juncture its pointless to root against them so I'm hoping they go into Cleveland and sweep away the Injuns. Plus I've never been one to spend my time rooting against the Cubs. Too bad that is never going to happen. :bang

hey if the indians can get out of our rear view mirror that would be great. But all we need to do is keep those straglers off our backs and keep winning games. Then we can reclaim #1 in our division.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
at least you're consistent

It may be inconsistent, but he's right on the money.

Any non-AL Central team > any AL Central team except and ONLY except when the non-AL Central team is in a Wild Card hunt with the Sox.

...which could happen if those goddamn Tiggers don't fade away already...

f*** the Indians. Go Cubs. I don't care how many games out of first the Indians are, let them keep losing. They are a well run organization and actually have a clue, so losing these games will hurt them much more than the Cubs, who anyone with half a brain knew was going to suck after watching their pathetic offseason.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
That team has collapsed under the weight of its 2006 World Series expectations

i actually heard some guy thats on the score (bernstein i think) say that the cubs are a big story because expectations were so high for the 2006 club.

that made me laugh. only a true sheep would have had high expectations for that horrid team.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
We better pitch around Blanco at Wrigley.

lol, isn't that the truth? Though Barrett should be back from suspension just in time to face our Sox.