The two games I'm seeing in Minnesota

Heads22

Well, any matchup of those two against beleaguered National League lineups won't be pretty.

Oh, and I happened to notice Minnesota's #1 draft pick in 2005 --Matt Garza-- is absolutely dominating AA competition. Unbelievable. Obviously, you can't even make comparisons between him and Broadway anymore. It's not going to get any easier in this division. Hardthrowing pitchers are seemingly generated out of thin air in their system.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 12:48 AM)
The amount of rookies producing when Liriano faces the Dodgers has to make you drool.

RE: Garza is reaching his high innings point here in his next couple of starts. Watch for a dropoff.

Just like we should expect with Liriano and Verlander right?

Even if he drops off, the talent is still evident. If it's clear his production tails off after a certain number of innings, his ceiling drops from a #2/#3 in MInnesota's rotation to Juan Rincon's successor. What's Broadway's ceiling? A #4 starter? I've heard people anticipating him to perhaps develop into a Justin Duchscherer clone. Lol, ok. Took 6 years for Justin to work himself through the minors, and several more to develop into a good reliever. Although their AA numbers may actually end up comparable to one another, there's one noteable difference. Duchscherer can strike you out. His numbers in 143.1 innings in Boston's AA affiliate produced 126 strikeouts.

Just for comparison sakes, if you extend Broadway's current numbers through 143.1 innings, he'll only have about 93. I know it's rudementary to multiply stats over time and expect similar results, (Pujols would have over 80 HR's if that philosophy were true) but what I'm ultimately suggesting is Broadway needs a strikeout pitch to EVER be compared to Justin.

If we have to wait more than 4 years for Broadway to reach the majors he damn well better live up to the comaprison. By then, Garza and Carillo will have solidified themselves in the Minnesota and Padres rotation respectively.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
If we have to wait more than 4 years for Broadway to reach the majors he damn well better live up to the comaprison. By then, Garza and Carillo will have solidified themselves in the Minnesota and Padres rotation respectively.

I think it's quite crazy to think he won't be up here for another 4 years, when some sites thought he would be better than some teams 5th starters a couple of months ago.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 12:41 AM)
It's not going to get any easier in this division. Hardthrowing pitchers are seemingly generated out of thin air in their system.

Just a couple years ago, critics were calling this division a "joke". Too bad they werent paying attention