Is ANYONE in Chicago even submitting ALL Star ballots?

SoxFanInDallas

I look at the numbers and it is appalling. We need to do better folks! I submitted 20 ballots at the Rangers-Sox game last Wednesday. (1B- Konerko, 2B-Iguchi, SS- M. Young, 3B - Crede, OF - Dye, Pods, and Matthews Jr.)

I think we really need to get a campaign going to show how STUPID fan voting is and have the whole damn city vote for Anderson about 10 times each. That is all the Yank/Red Sox fans do. Vote for all their players regardless how good they are.

QUOTE(SoxFanInDallas @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 07:35 AM)
I think we really need to get a campaign going to show how STUPID fan voting is and have the whole damn city vote for Anderson about 10 times each. That is all the Yank/Red Sox fans do. Vote for all their players regardless how good they are.

All that's going to do is perpetuate MLB's stupid, fraud-ridden voting system. The best way to show MLB that their system is asinine is to just not participate at all.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
Ozzie is going to take his players anyway.

I don't think it's as easy as Ozzie bringing anyone he wants from his team. You have to take into account that each team gets at least 1 representative. For instance, if for some reason 3 or 4 crappy teams wind up getting an outfielder as their lone representative (On top of the 3 that get voted in), there may not be enough room on the roster for someone like Dye.

QUOTE(MSHAWKS @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 09:21 AM)
I've seen Frank Thomas passed over way too many times in terms of All-star selections to give a s*** anymore about the game and who appears in it.

^^^

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 09:46 AM)
I have a dumb question, Who is going to represent the royals?

Esteban German?

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All that's going to do is perpetuate MLB's stupid, fraud-ridden voting system. The best way to show MLB that their system is asinine is to just not participate at all.

Sure, when the MLB head honchos see that Ramirex, Ortiz, Damon, A-Rd, etc. are leading in votes, they will know that something is REALLY wrong.