Soxtalk's consumer thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
I got the 325xi. Mainly because it has the same engine as the '05 330 - the '06 has a few more horses but not enough to warrant an additional $8K. As well the '05 330 xi (which is all wheel drive so it can be driven in the winter) I test drove in the snow in January and the wheels were s***. They changed them on the '06 325's. Stay far away from the 5 series. The "dial" they feature (it's on the center divider between the front seats and controls everything in the car - radio, temp, nav, etc..) has had a ton of trouble. I found this to be the main beef with the '06 models. It's also an accident waiting to happen since you have to look away from the road to make any changes.

The safety features are the same as the '05's with the addition of the side airbags above the doors. I also got a year of Sirius free (had to pay for installation of the hardware - which BMW offset with extra car mats, and some other "goodies") and it also has hands free bluetooth so I was able to download my phone info to the car and I just press a button and converse via the car radio.

I absolutely love it. For the price it was far more worth the value then the Lexus and Infinitiy models we were looking at.

If you decide to go with an SUV though, take a look at the Montero Limited. We got one of those last November to replace our Jeep and have falled head over heels in love with it also. It's full of surprises for being a Mitsubishi.

Thanks for all the info. I will look at both of your choices here. I was not aware of the changes with the new 3 series, and I love the XI because of the 4 wheel drive. I really do like japanese cars however, and the G35 coupe is just screaming for me to take it for a ride.

Here is something I just learned the other day for those who are interested in Kodak digital cameras or accessories. My camera recently crapped out on me, and so as I looked for the sameone to replace it, I came across a group on Ebay the specialized in Kodak auctions... well it turns out it actually IS kodak, and they sell their refurbished stuff for WAY cheaper than the factory new stuff. The refurbs come with the same warranty and guarentees, and are factory sealed in the box. The cheapest I could find a replacement anywhere else was about $150, and I won it on Ebay for $83, plus 7.50 for S&H. Here is their list of auctions if anybody else is interested, I definately recommend them to purchasing the exact samethings in the stores.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ2...odakQ2eauctions

FYI, I won the auction Monday at about noon, I got the camera from UPS on Thursday. :headbang

Seriously if anyone ever is serious about buying a kodak digital camera, this is the only way to go.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)
FYI, I won the auction Monday at about noon, I got the camera from UPS on Thursday. :headbang

Seriously if anyone ever is serious about buying a kodak digital camera, this is the only way to go.

Sorry dude, I never looked for the receipt at all. :(

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
Is it really? Thats what I was thinking about. My company issues me a blackberry for cellphone/email so I really just need a simple phone for texting and personal calling. Is cingular really good? How are their phones?

Our family has been on Cingular for years - love the service - never drop calls - great phones - can get a Motorola RAZR for $99 - their calling plans are very reasonable!

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
Customer Service, is by and far, the 'worst' part of Comcast, and supported by what you all are saying here. They're trying to clean that up, and it's working in some places and not in others. It's too bad, because product wise, they're pretty good with what they offer. On demand, especially.

The tech issue, Los... they are seriously on that tight of a schedule. If they miss a window, they have to keep moving. The 'who to call' thing is the CSR's responsibility to get it right (back to Customer Service).

*cough* cough* cough*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvVp7b5gzqU&search=Comcast%20

:P