A Day at Wrigley

Mplssoxfan

I know people who say they go just for the "good time", I can honestly say, its not really that much fun.

For me of course. I hate that I have to get up to go find the beer guy (I wont drink bud, only old style if Im in the park there) because I end up missing so much of the game. Same with the bathroom. I try to time going to the bathroom with going to get beer, I can do both and at least not miss as much of the game as normal.

I went to a Padres/DBacks game a few weeks ago at Petco with a fellow poster. I wanted to see the park again (my current favorite park), and quite honestly, wasnt as much fun without the SOX playing also.

Rich kept saying it just wasnt the same going to a park just to go. Not sure how cub fans do it game after game

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 02:00 PM)
I hate that I have to get up to go find the beer guy (I wont drink bud, only old style if Im in the park there) because I end up missing so much of the game. Same with the bathroom. I try to time going to the bathroom with going to get beer, I can do both and at least not miss as much of the game as normal.

If you let the Old Style guy know you're in, he'll find you and keep you full. They understand the difference between the beer drinkers from the bud *** yuppies.

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
Derogitory (sp?) term. I don't like it when non-Italians use it...but I don't get all worked up over it. Most people have no idea it's a racist term.

dego t shirt = a-shirt :P

Kinda derogatory, but I do remember it being the term in the neighborhood for them when I was much younger...

QUOTE(SouthsideNorthsideFan @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
If you let the Old Style guy know you're in, he'll find you and keep you full. They understand the difference between the beer drinkers from the bud *** yuppies.

This is true, I remember being in the UD for a game and he was wearing SOX & Cubs buttons.

he looked exactly like Bobby Hill and was pretty popular, he never made it to another section with the Old Style

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
dego t shirt = a-shirt :P

Kinda derogatory, but I do remember it being the term in the neighborhood for them when I was much younger...

No, "dego" shirt = tank top, or undershirt (usually white). Take it from someone who is half Italian.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 01:04 PM)
No, "dego" shirt = tank top, or undershirt (usually white). Take it from someone who is half Italian.

No, a-shirt = white-beater...I just don't like that term either so I go with how they're labeled by Hanes and Jockey, and tank top or undershirt seems too broad...

Hanes

Jockey

I've got some Italian blood in me too but I don't think that would make anyone's word more important in this situation. :huh:

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
No, a-shirt = white-beater...I just don't like that term either so I go with how they're labeled by Hanes and Jockey, and tank top or undershirt seems too broad...

Hanes

Jockey

I've got some Italian blood in me too but I don't think that would make anyone's word more important in this situation. :huh:

I wasn't referring to importance. I was just correcting you. The term itself is insulting and I don't use it. But I am familiar with it.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
I wasn't referring to importance. I was just correcting you. The term itself is insulting and I don't use it. But I am familiar with it.

And I just showed you how I wasn't wrong, but thanks for trying to correct me...

First.. it's dago, not dego ya boneheads.. :bang

A dago t is a sleeveless undershirt.

I don't know what a "white beater" is, but all my years on this planet all the wops in my family referred to a tank top as a "wife beater".

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)

I don't know what a "white beater" is, but all my years on this planet all the wops in my family referred to a tank top as a "wife beater".

Or an a-shirt...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
Or an a-shirt...

Or what is a shirt?

A dago t?

A dago t is defined as having no sleeves. If a undershirt has no sleeves, then yes it is considered a dago t. If it has sleeves, it's just a plain old undershirt.

Best definition I can find is here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wifebeater_%28shirt%29

And this is what comes up when I search dictionary.com.. LMAO

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dago%20t-shirt

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)

That's the definition I grew up with, and that's how I spell the word, too. I called it a dago T for years before I even found out that it wasn't the actual name or that the word "dago" was derogitory.

Now, on to more pressing issues. I will preface this by stating that I am about half Italian, and I will understand if it's deleted.

What happens when an Italian guy's tire gets a flat?

Dago wop, wop, wop.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
Or what is a shirt?

A dago t?

A dago t is defined as having no sleeves. If a undershirt has no sleeves, then yes it is considered a dago t. If it has sleeves, it's just a plain old undershirt.

Best definition I can find is here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wifebeater_%28shirt%29

From that very wikipedia page:

Wife beater, also wifebeater, and sometimes abbreviated as simply beater, is a slang term used in North America, Scotland, Australia, New Zealand and various other places to refer to an A-shirt , tank top, singlet, or 'muscle shirt' when worn as a sole, outer layer as opposed to being worn as an undershirt.

My point being that I did not need to be corrected when calling it an "a-shirt." -_-

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
From that very wikipedia page:

My point being that I did not need to be corrected when calling it an "a-shirt." -_-

Re-f***ing-lax. Of course it's a shirt. They are all shirts. Did I say it wasn't a shirt? No. Good grief.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
That's the definition I grew up with, and that's how I spell the word, too. I called it a dago T for years before I even found out that it wasn't the actual name or that the word "dago" was derogitory.

Now, on to more pressing issues. I will preface this by stating that I am about half Italian, and I will understand if it's deleted.

What happens when an Italian guy's tire gets a flat?

Dago wop, wop, wop.

Yuk, yuk, yuk....

My personal fav is the "dago dip"... no time for a shower.. just wet those pits with a washrag and splash on the cologne!!

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
Re-f***ing-lax. Of course it's a shirt. They are all shirts. Did I say it wasn't a shirt? No. Good grief.

:lol:

A-SHIRT, not "a shirt"...short for athletic shirt or athletic t-shirt...Click on the links I provided for further reference if it's still not sinking in...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
:lol:

A-SHIRT, not "a shirt"...short for athletic shirt or athletic t-shirt...Click on the links I provided for further reference if it's still not sinking in...

I don't care what "a-shirt" is as I was not referring to it in any way, shepe, or form.

Stop being a dick.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
I don't care what "a-shirt" is as I was not referring to it in any way, shepe, or form.

Stop being a dick.

It's a "dago t" so you were referring to it. If you don't care then just don't respond.

Stop being so hard-headed and settle down with calling me a dick as it's been said over and over that personal remarks are unwanted here.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
It's a "dago t" so you were referring to it. If you don't care then just don't respond.

Stop being so hard-headed and settle down with calling me a dick as it's been said over and over that personal remarks are unwanted here.

I did not referance "a-shirt" in any of my posts, so your apology is accepted.

Stop trying to pull me into your termanology disagreement with 72 and I wont have to point out your behavior.