**Official Game Thread 6/20**

Brian

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 02:37 AM)
Jesus what lunacy. Up 17 runs and we are risking suspensions, WTF!

Yeah, how dare we lose the number 5 arm in our bullpen for 5 games or so. After the Rangers situation, you had to know something like this was going to happen. I'm not an advocate for that type of thing, but I think this was the perfect situation.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
Jesus what lunacy. Up 17 runs and we are risking suspensions, WTF!

Not risking suspensions. Getting suspensions. There will definitely be some games. But it shouldn't be surprised. Ozzie said he wasn't going to put up with it anymore, and I don't blame him. We get hit so much and he's tired of it.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)
I don't get the celebrating. It's not like the Cards pitcher hit you guys on purpose.

You hit 2 guys in a row, its not because you don't have control. In the back of his mind, Ponson isn't upset about that. And why would LaRussa say that it was bulls*** if he didn't have some intention?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 02:39 AM)
So why did LaRussa tell Ponson it was "bulls***?" :huh:

I wrote that before I saw the LaRussa clip. I honestly don't think he meant to do it, but LaRussa knows you can't be doing s*** like that. I give a lot of credit to each manager tonight for their actions.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
Yeah, how dare we lose the number 5 arm in our bullpen for 5 games or so. After the Rangers situation, you had to know something like this was going to happen. I'm not an advocate for that type of thing, but I think this was the perfect situation.

Let's just hope they don't get pissed at throw at one of our guys' head.