**Official Game Thread 6/20**

Brian

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the celebrating. It's not like the Cards pitcher hit you guys on purpose.

Anderson was definitely drilled on purpose.

I don't think Ozuna was, but it doesn't make any difference, the guy got hit and the White Sox are sick and tired of getting plunked and then getting warned.

I would've preferred Montero do it, but oh well ...

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
Still this whole thing is stupid IMO.

No, it is not. We get hit all the time and get f***ed by the umpires before we can do anything to retaliate. The umpires take us out of it, just like they did against Texas.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
Still this whole thing is stupid IMO.

Hitting batters on purpose in this situation is pretty stupid on both sides. But that was two hit battsmen in a row. It happens to the sox a lot and they are sick of it.

If you don't like it, then leave.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
After the Rangers situation, you had to know something like this was going to happen.

agreed. if it weren't for the texas situation, i don't think there would be any retaliation, with everyone knowing that ponson probably didn't do it on purpose...

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
You know, I don't think Ponson did that on purpose, but f*** his fatass anyways. Gain some f***ing control over your life and career, jesus.

Maybe one of these games we should hit someone first so the warnings come so the other team gets the players thrown out, suspended.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought the policy was named after the Cardinals current RF?

No, it was ok to say "This guy sucks," but people were going too far questioning the players' genitalia or wishing one of the pitchers would break his arm.

Edited by santo=dorf

I love how everybody is jumping on tigersfan for no reason.

My feelings are that because he's an "outsider", he's going to get ripped, and rightfully so--this is a Sox forum. When I go talk s*** (even if I think it's just objective s***) on the Knicks forum, I expect to get told to f*** off.