**Official Game Thread 6/20**

Brian

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Soxtalk at its finest. :headshake

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I do think that. I don't see why Larussa would yell at Ponson if he had hit either guy on purpose.

Well I disagree. The first one was definitely on purpose in my view. LaRussa is well known for that, especially doing it to a rookie like Anderson. He wants to send a message but not risk hurting one of the White Sox big guns.

The Ozuna drilling I believe was totally accidental in my opinion. LaRussa doesn't want two guys getting hit. He expected that after he had Anderson hit that one of his guys ws gonna get plunked and then that would've been the end of it.

I have watched LaRussa a lot, for many years. I know his style pretty well.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
Does anybody think that maybe the pitching coach's son was not the best guy in the line up to retaliate against, or is this over?

f*** the pitching coach and his son.

Does anybody think that maybe the pitching coach's son was not the best guy in the line up to retaliate against, or is this over?

Its probably over.

I don't think this is going further than tonight

Its probably over.

I don't think this is going further than tonight

Agree completely. Business was handled.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
Well I disagree. The first one was definitely on purpose in my view. LaRussa is well known for that, especially doing it to a rookie like Anderson. He wants to send a message but not risk hurting one of the White Sox big guns.

The Ozuna drilling I believe was totally accidental in my opinion. LaRussa doesn't want two guys getting hit. He expected that after he had Anderson hit that one of his guys ws gonna get plunked and then that would've been the end of it.

I have watched LaRussa a lot, for many years. I know his style pretty well.

Point taken. You obviously know a bit more about LaRussa then I do admittedly. Furthermore, if I upset anyone with my comments earlier on I apologize. I did not intend for that to happen, as I was just merely stating my viewpoint on the situation at hand. Nevertheless I am sorry for any trouble I may have caused.

Actually I thought Riske picked his target well -- Duncan, like Anderson, is a rookie. And Riske got two outs in the inning before he did it -- and had first base open. Clearly, Riske knows the protocol in this situation. :D

Edited by henry wiggins

Point taken. You obviously know a bit more about LaRussa then I do admittedly. Furthermore, if I upset anyone with my comments earlier on I apologize. I did not intend for that to happen, as I was just merely stating my viewpoint on the situation at hand. Nevertheless I am sorry for any trouble I may have caused.

Nicely handled on your part. Good job.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)

It's all good tigersfan. I've had no problem with you since you've been here. I hope you continue to post here. :cheers