**Official Game Thread 6/20**

Brian

This is an example of baseball's ancient code actually working. The Cardinals needed to send a message that this s*** wouldn't stand, and that White Sox shouldn't get too comforatable--so, they hit a rookie.

Next inning, our guy hit's the other teams rookie and it's all over. IF MLB would just keep their damn nose out of it, things would be fine.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I walk away from the PC to go shower for work, and all hell breaks loose in the gamethread.

This personal attack s*** is getting real old, real fast...tigersfan has been here and been civil the whole time. He questioned something that, had his ID not said "tigersfan", all of you woulda enjoyed having a discussion about.

Enough already.

Actually I thought Riske picked his target well -- Duncan, like Anderson, is a rookie. And Riske got two outs in the inning before he did it. Clearly, Riske knows the protocol in this situation. :D

Yes, exactly right on all counts.

LaRussa knew what he was doing, actually I had no problem with Anderson getting drilled. It may seem petty to some but that's how old school managers did it, they sent a message to the opposition when getting an ass kicking in game one of a series ... kind of like "hey you are kicking our ass but we're not gonna roll over and we are here to play hard". Plust they pick a rookie so as not to risk hurting a big gun. Again may sound hypocritical to some here but LaRussa is very old school and he's long done it that way.

It's also why I believe he was so pissed at Ponson because under no circumstances did he want another guy hit, and I can bet his thought process was "hey Ponson if you can't control an 0-2 fastball then your ass is out of here".

And Ozzie knows how LaRussa does things, so he went right back after the Cardinals rookie. As an added bonus it was Dave Duncan's son. :D

Without all that warning crap, everything would've been taken care of by the teams and no one would've faced disciplinary action.

But it mattered not that Ozuna's beaning was accidental. Sooner or later enough of your guys get hit, something has to be done ... and it is very bad form to let it carry over to the next day. Take care of your business right then and there.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
I walk away from the PC to go shower for work, and all hell breaks loose in the gamethread.

This personal attack s*** is getting real old, real fast...tigersfan has been here and been civil the whole time. He questioned something that, had his ID not said "tigersfan", all of you woulda enjoyed having a discussion about.

Enough already.

Taking a shower this late at night to go to work? That could only mean one thing. Tell my mom I said Hi.

I am sorry, tigerfan cheerleaded and gloated the whole series we played his tigers to me that should not be tolerated. I dont go to other boards and cheerlead for my team in defiance. I come here to see sox talk not a tiger fan rooting for his team and talking us down. But I am done with it if you admins are okay with him here I just wished you gave me the option to ignore him as a member because I dont wish to read what he posts.

Edited by Misplaced_Sox

By the way... Jim H. That post you made about Hanger in the Diamond club... hilarious.

thats a soxtalk classic

Abe,

I wish I didn't feel compelled to do it.

If he is going to post that stuff every day he has to be prepared to back it up. That's the way it's always been on this site. You post stuff and pass it off as fact, you get challenged, you back your stuff up.

He isn't doing that and I hope the moderators are noticing, I have great faith in them, I believe they are.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)
LaRussa knew what he was doing, actually I had no problem with Anderson getting drilled. It may seem petty to some but that's how old school managers did it, they sent a message to the opposition when getting an ass kicking in game one of a series ... kind of like "hey you are kicking our ass but we're not gonna roll over and we are here to play hard". Plust they pick a rookie so as not to risk hurting a big gun. Again may sound hypocritical to some here but LaRussa is very old school and he's long done it that way.

I have been watching baseball for too many years to think it's petty. I think it's an important psychological part of the game, which is why I'm so glad to see Riske getting the job done. Yeah, winning 20-2 is nice, but it doesn't answer this.

I'm thinking that Ozzie learned from LaRussa as much as he learned from anyone, and we don't have any misunderstandings between these two managers -- or any hard feelings, either.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
I am sorry, tigerfan cheerleaded and gloated the whole series we played his tigers to me that should not be tolerated. I dont go to other boards and cheerlead for my team in defiance. I come here to see sox talk not a tiger fan rooting for his team and talking us down. But I am done with it if you admins are okay with him here I just wished you gave me the option to ignore him as a member because I dont wish to read what he posts.

There is an ignore option, you dont have to read his posts.. it works pretty good

I have been watching baseball for too many years to think it's petty. I think it's an important psychological part of the game, which is why I'm so glad to see Riske getting the job done. Yeah, winning 20-2 is nice, but it doesn't answer this.

I'm thinking that Ozzie learned from LaRussa as much as he learned from anyone, and we don't have any misunderstandings between these two managers -- or any hard feelings, either.

You're right.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
Abe,

I wish I didn't feel compelled to do it.

If he is going to post that stuff every day he has to be prepared to back it up. That's the way it's always been on this site. You post stuff and pass it off as fact, you get challenged, you back your stuff up.

He isn't doing that and I hope the moderators are noticing, I have great faith in them, I believe they are.

yeah... i know... You said what needed to be said

did i read that he was booted from WSI for the same type of thing?

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)

the ignore feature is, was and always will be an option.

My Controls>Manage Ignored Users

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
The Cardinals will come out playing very hard tomorrow ... and Thursday too.

Either that or they will be crushed from this game and play flat the next two games