Republicans Kill Immigration Bill for the year

Balta1701

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
Im actually kind of pleased. No bill is better than a s***ty bill.

So wait, now you're willing to admit that there's no crisis that we can't wait to solve? I thought there were 15 million undocumented immigrants here and they were pushing the U.S. to the point of bankruptcy, and we couldn't wait another moment before getting rid of them!

:P

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 01:26 AM)
So wait, now you're willing to admit that there's no crisis that we can't wait to solve? I thought there were 15 million undocumented immigrants here and they were pushing the U.S. to the point of bankruptcy, and we couldn't wait another moment before getting rid of them!

:P

It's all about f@gs -n- flags now!!! :banghead

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
Thats probably a smart move on their part. No reason to beat themselves over the head with that type of thing during an election year....

That issue probably hurts them more than it helps them

No, this is a misguided mercy killing. They killed it because a) it wouldn't have passed, and B) it was hurting them. On one side you had Bush and softer Republicans arguing for what the other wing of the Republican Party calls Amnesty By a Different Name, and the in-fighting was -- the calculation goes -- hurting the Republican Party.

I think that killing the bill hurts the Republicans more, however. It opens the door for Conservative Democratic Challenges in southern places and states like Ohio to challenge Republicans on two fronts: calling them a do-nothing party, and calling for border security. But, let's ignore Conservative Democrats in rural districts. This hurts Republicans with Republicans.

I'm certain that having no bill is going to depress Republican turnout this year. Republicans wanted action, and didn't get it.

Wonderful. So now we do nothing and by the time they deal with this again, another million people are here illegally. It is ever so much fun watching the social network collapse around us...

Hey maestro, could you give me something a little more dramatic?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:02 AM)
Hey maestro, could you give me something a little more dramatic?

I suppose I could have quoted a bunch of blogs, or gone on a long dramatic rant, but there wasn't much point. You all know how I feel about this, and all you have to do is make a Google News search to see how many locals are near bankruptcy from illegals. Maybe later I'll entertain the masses...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:30 AM)
I suppose I could have quoted a bunch of blogs, or gone on a long dramatic rant, but there wasn't much point. You all know how I feel about this, and all you have to do is make a Google News search to see how many locals are near bankruptcy from illegals. Maybe later I'll entertain the masses...

Por seguro, usted sabia que yo no mas estaba aciendo un chiste, no?

Tu primer escritura fue sufficiente dramatica, gracias senor!

(Surely you know I spoke in jest, no?)

(Your first post was sufficiently dramatic, thanks!)