Ozzie has some words for Mariotti

Kyyle23

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)
I think that was the meaning that Ozzie meant to convey. In locker room-speak, "f.a.g." is most often an attack at one's manhood, not a term used to denigrate homosexuals. Also keep in mind that the Hispanic culture isn't exactly the most tolerant of homsexuals.

That said, Ozzie was still out of line for using that term. He knows that it's not acceptable and he's also playing right into Moronotti's hands.

BTW, it was oh-so-surprising to see the media hacks take the ultra-PC stance. I'll bet that every single one of them has used that word (and the N-word) before. f***ing hypocrites...

Polska Kuchnia! :cheers

Couldn't agree more again! Interesting the SCORE had Jay the Moron on and are roasting Ozzie - this coming from a station that has Terry Boring who calls everyone either a pud or a bastard.

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 11:33 AM)
Couldn't agree more again! Interesting the SCORE had Jay the Moron on and are roasting Ozzie - this coming from a station that has Terry Boring who calls everyone either a pud or a bastard.

...and they carry Sox games.

I honestly think I would like a bullet to the brain more than I like Mariotti. What a worthless piece of excrement he is. How does he still have a job? As far as I can tell, nobody in this town likes him.

I'm sure it's been discussed before at one point but in Couch's article today he mentioned Kotex-Boy being physically threatened in the Sox clubhouse. He didn't mention a year or anything but i was wondering who you all think would have done it?????

I would love to have seen someone like Dan Pasqua wrap those big arms around Jay's head and squeeze it like a big zit.

So....anyone know or hear anything on this??? could get interesting on the theories alone.

:gosox3:

QUOTE(juddling @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
I'm sure it's been discussed before at one point but in Couch's article today he mentioned Kotex-Boy being physically threatened in the Sox clubhouse. He didn't mention a year or anything but i was wondering who you all think would have done it?????

I would love to have seen someone like Dan Pasqua wrap those big arms around Jay's head and squeeze it like a big zit.

So....anyone know or hear anything on this??? could get interesting on the theories alone.

:gosox3:

It's explained here

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=...dpost&p=1181871

For some reason I'm thinking it was Carlos Lee in 2000 and that was the last time Jay entered the clubhouse. I know there was a nasty article about someone. This story isn't new, I'm sure someone here knows for certain who it was.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:43 AM)
Basically, it's wrong to do what Ozzie did. I dont go into the clubhouse because of a long standing fued with former players. I have no interst in going in here. I am a coolumnist and not a beat writer. I can say what I want. He also said the way Ozzie acted is symptomatic of the whole organization. They have a beef with me and don't like me.

if that came right from the horses mouth, than kotex boy can't possibly complain about what ozzie said. because ozzie can say what he wants too.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 11:11 AM)
Kotex boys avatar if he ever joined this forum.

attention_whore3.jpg

As an aside, whenever I am reading a thread and someone uses the term "attention whore" I chuckle and know that that picture is going to be up within three posts.

fantastic

QUOTE(Contreras @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
The Score interview:

http://670thescore.com/includes/news_items...ottihot_web.mp3

It's a laugher!

I love the fact that he takes a stab(no pun intended) at Sox fans/bridge port by saying he is going to get stabbed in the back at the ballpark. Jay Mariotti > Dayn Parry

i got banned from nsbb a while ago, (they banned my IP so i couldnt even visit the site), but thanks to proxies, im able to visit and read the garbage that goes on over there, and i can share a laugh with my brother as he reads over my shoulder.

what i dont get is why those idiots call ozzie a tool. he's the complete opposite of a tool. he does and says what he wants and doesnt care what people say about it. hes not out there to impress anyone, hes out there to win baseball and defend his team.

dusty baker would be a tool. he never badmouths anybody because hes afraid that it might lower the amount of respect people have for him. he tries to hard to get everyone to like him, that everybody hates him.

lol i also saw these two pictures on the internet

frustrated.jpg

speier.jpg

i really had the urge to post the second one on nsbb when some scrubs fans posted a picture of ozzie kissing his son after they won the world series and saying "tee hee, ozzie is a ***"

oh snap wait a second...cubs fans would never say that..for 2 reasons

1) they are all saying how insensitive it is for ozzie to say something like that

2) they are all gay

Edited by lukeman89

I love that the suntimes and ESPN are sticking up for their buddy. This guy is a moron on at least 20 levels and is basically the equivalent of a shock jock journalist. But they run to his aid, and then start to run this up. On the Dan Patrick show Keith Oberman wants Ozzie suspended for a while because of this. Give me a f***ing break.

The best comment that I have heard today was from Eric Kuselias on Cold Pizza. He said, well if Manny can be Manny, this is Ozzie being Ozzie. This is not the first time he has said something shocking, and it wont be the last.

Kotex boy can go to hell for all I f***ing care. Eat s*** and die, Kotex boy.

Ozzie's rebuttal

"He also said that he has gay friends, goes to WNBA games, went to the Madonna concert and plans to attend the Gay Games in Chicago."

In the context of his Mariotti's rant, what does this mean?

WNBA players are Lesbians ( I am sure the standard percentage of players are, just like MLB )?

Madonna concerts are attended by predominately Gay fans?????

I don't know how that characterizes Ozzie as anything but gaybashing, in this instance. His response only seems to further muddy the waters. Can't he ever say he Effed up? Maybe Ozzie thinks he has never palyed with or managed a gay player.

QUOTE(lukeman89 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
i got banned from nsbb a while ago, (they banned my IP so i couldnt even visit the site), but thanks to proxies, im able to visit and read the garbage that goes on over there, and i can share a laugh with my brother as he reads over my shoulder.

what i dont get is why those idiots call ozzie a tool. he's the complete opposite of a tool. he does and says what he wants and doesnt care what people say about it. hes not out there to impress anyone, hes out there to win baseball and defend his team.

dusty baker would be a tool. he never badmouths anybody because hes afraid that it might lower the amount of respect people have for him. he tries to hard to get everyone to like him, that everybody hates him.

lol i also saw these two pictures on the internet

i really had the urge to post the second one on nsbb when some scrubs fans posted a picture of ozzie kissing his son after they won the world series and saying "tee hee, ozzie is a ***"

oh snap wait a second...cubs fans would never say that..for 2 reasons

1) they are all saying how insensitive it is for ozzie to say something like that

2) they are all gay

I think there a club you can join.

PM Cuck the Fubs or Hangar18 for membership.

After reading your final comments...

Would you be willing to be Press Secretary for Soxtalk.com and handle our PR?

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(wallyburger @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 01:38 PM)
Ozzie's rebuttal

"He also said that he has gay friends, goes to WNBA games, went to the Madonna concert and plans to attend the Gay Games in Chicago."

WNBA players are Lesbians ( I am sure the standard percentage of players are, just like MLB )?

I don't know how that characterizes Ozzie as anything but gaybashing, in this instance. His response only seems to further muddy the waters. Can't he ever say he Effed up? Maybe Ozzie thinks he has never palyed with or managed a gay player.

That is not what Ozzie is doing. Imagine that instead of *** he had said pussy. In Venezuela, that is what the term means. He was saying the stuff aboug gays and lesbians to demonstrate he doesn't hate homosexuals and that the term was used to mean "pussy".

QUOTE(wallyburger @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
Ozzie's rebuttal

Yikes. This thread just got dirty. :ph34r:

QUOTE(wallyburger @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
Ozzie's rebuttal

I'm sorry.

Where did Ozzie say this?

(nevermind...found it)

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
That is not what Ozzie is doing. Imagine that instead of *** he had said pussy. In Venezuela, that is what the term means. He was saying the stuff aboug gays and lesbians to demonstrate he doesn't hate homosexuals and that the term was used to mean "pussy".

Okay. How does the word Pussy fit into his WNBA and Madonna Concert rationale. Only pussies attend WNBA games and Madonna concerts????

I am not ready to agree. I live in South Florida, with a huge Hispanic influence and Latins take liberal use of homosexual references as insults. Vendejo????? is your basic insult and there is no mistake about its intent. It is the ultimate latin insult around here and implies a person is homosexual, thus it is derogatory. BTW, Ozzie's home is down here in this culture.

i.e.

QUOTE(wallyburger @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)
Okay. How does the word Pussy fit into his WNBA and Madonna Concert rationale. Only pussies attend WNBA games and Madonna concerts????

I am not ready to agree. I live in South Florida, with a huge Hispanic influence and Latins take liberal use of homosexual references as insults. Vendejo????? is your basic insult and there is no mistake about its intent. It is the ultimate latin insult around here and implies a person is homosexual, thus it is derogatory. BTW, Ozzie's home is down here in this culture.

i.e.

Ozzie is not saying anything bad about WNBA or Madonna concerts. Ozzie said that Ozzie attends those things and has plenty of gay/lesbian friends. He's calling Jay a pussy. Reread the Couch article.

QUOTE(wallyburger @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)

Can anyone name any other sport with an active currently open homosexual player? (counting Martina as retired, I think).?