Scott Erickson

Steff

Scott Erickson = a couple good stories.

His rookie year, 1991, he was seen entering and, a "not too long, not too short time later" exiting a women's room at a college bar with a local sportscaster who I believe is now on either CNN or the Golf Channel. This was supposedly "just a rumor", but I have two friends who worked at that bar, and they both saw it.

The next year, I was in a bar not too far from the Dome where a lot of the Twins hung out. It was closing time, and I was hanging with my buddy who ran the joint, waiting for everyone to leave so we could start drinking in earnest. Erickson was there, hitting on a couple of women. My buddy said, "shouldn't a big shot like you, a World Series Champ, a 20-game winner, shouldn't he be chasing finer women that that?"

Erickson's response? "Sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do."

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
Official reason for termination: You suck at pitching

:lolhitting

The Cubs put Rusch on the DL after his last start for that reason. I don't think that was what they listed as the reason, however that is what really was the case. Nothing like being put on the injured list for being bad at your job.