Anderson's suspension starts tonight

henry wiggins

QUOTE(holly wiggins @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)
The Score says that Brian Anderson's 5-game suspension starts tonight. That means his appeal was denied? I don't see anything on the Sox or MLB sites about it. ???

He just dropped his appeal.

You don't want to be short a man when playing games in National League ballparks, you need as deep a bench as possible, plus you're going to want your best defense out there. This is absolutely perfect timing and it really makes me think that they've been planning to do this all along.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
You don't want to be short a man when playing games in National League ballparks, you need as deep a bench as possible, plus you're going to want your best defense out there. This is absolutely perfect timing and it really makes me think that they've been planning to do this all along.

I also think that Barretts suspension did not get shortened factored into this.

QUOTE(Contreras @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
His suspension comes with four of the games being against righties. That'd be why.

That's really not why at all. That would be like reason number 10 of why they would drop the appeal. The guy has been playing against righties of late (though they have hit a streak of all lefties) and for his career he is much better against righties.

Funny how the 5 game suspension will begin to be served 5 games before we go to NL parks.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
That's really not why at all. That would be like reason number 10 of why they would drop the appeal. The guy has been playing against righties of late (though they have hit a streak of all lefties) and for his career he is much better against righties.

Funny how the 5 game suspension will begin to be served 5 games before we go to NL parks.

I'm absolutely positive you are correct in your thoughts that the Sox don't want to be short in NL parks, and that's the reason is appeal was dropped.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
Interesting that he picked against STL and HOU to drop the appeal.

Maybe they thought that Mac knows their pitching better anyway?

Sounds alot like me there.

Is that right, Mr. Wizard?

"It seems like the appropriate timing," said Anderson as to why he dropped the appeal. "We are only facing one lefty the next few days."

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

:bang