BLOW THIS TEAM UP!!!!!!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

WHAT THE HELL WHITE SOX?!?!?!

How could they only score 13 runs in one game?!?!?!?

BLOW THIS TEAM UP AND REBUILD NOW!!!!!

There's no way we'll ever catch Detroit like this.

Just give up now!

:D

Edited by Rowand44

Dye went 0 for 5, and we didn't do s*** on offense after Marquis came out. Also, Buehrle wasn't really on his game tonight, and Thornton gave up a homer to Timo 'effin Perez. There are a lot of reasons to be concerned here, even when we win tomorrow, we're still 1/2 game behind Detroit. Kenny needs to trade for Aaron Rowand to fire up the troops.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
Dye went 0 for 5, and we didn't do s*** on offense after Marquis came out. Also, Buehrle wasn't really on his game tonight, and Thornton gave up a homer to Timo 'effin Perez. There are a lot of reasons to be concerned here, even when we win tomorrow, we're still 1/2 game behind Detroit. Kenny needs to trade for Aaron Rowand to fire up the troops.

LMFAO!!!!!

While we're at it lets option Buerhle to Birmingham and send Dye back to the rookie leauges.

:D

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
This team needs Charlie Haeger back in the rotation. He gave up 4 runs in his start too, didn't he? If we're accepting that out of Buehrle and Contreras, we should accept it out of Haegs.

Exactly. Plus, unlike with Buehrle and Contreras, the book isn't out on Haeger yet, so he can fool everybody his first time around the league and put together a legendary stretch of greatness with that knuckleball. He's like a combination of Tim Wakefield and Greg Maddux.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I see a trade for Crazy Carl in the near future, we need his bat in the lineup.

Can you believe the Sox have not scored in the 9th inning vs St. Louis?

Hell, if Buehrle wants to go to the Cards, trade him now for Mulder or Marquis - those are two shutdown starters right there. While were at it, trade Dye for Timo so we can get Timo's production at the dish. I didn't see Dye homer last night.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
I see a trade for Crazy Carl in the near future, we need his bat in the lineup.

We also need his leadership because without it, this team has no shot. One that topic, we also need Wee Willie.

Edited by G&T

Trading for Carl Everett would be great!! You could then bring up 2 cliches in regards to trading for him, if it ain't broke, don't fix it and 3rd times a charm. Also, even though he's retired (right?) we should somehow trade for Robby Alomar. Gooch is still under .300 in terms of average and Alomar is a magician with the glove.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:54 PM)
How could you people forget Roberto Alomar?!?!

This guy Icoochie or whatever his name will never amount to anything. We need Alomar along with his solid fielding and fearsome hitting back on board!

Beat you to it with the last post on page 1 :).

The other thing I worry about here is the mop up relief spot. Politte was terrible, and after last night I think Montero is just as bad. What if we have a 14 inning game at an NL park like game 3 at Houston last year? When we need our 7th pitcher of the game in the 14th, Montero will come in and blow it. Kenny needs to address that, depth is key.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 11:00 PM)
The other thing I worry about here is the mop up relief spot. Politte was terrible, and after last night I think Montero is just as bad. What if we have a 14 inning game at an NL park like game 3 at Houston last year? When we need our 7th pitcher of the game in the 14th, Montero will come in and blow it. Kenny needs to address that, depth is key.

I couldn't agree more. It is totally vital to this team that we correct the mistakes we made in the off season and re-acquire Damaso Marte and Jose Vizcaino.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
I couldn't agree more. It is totally vital to this team that we correct the mistakes we made in the off season and re-acquire Damaso Marte and Jose Vizcaino.

You want to re-acquire a guy that had the game tying hit AGAINST us in game 2 of the WS last year? Whoa, now that is shrewd thinking.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
LOL

You are my nemesis tonight. Nothing gets by you.

We should acquire Jose as well though, it was a good idea. He's a blue collar professional hitter, and he will hit way better than Brian and his below Mendoza line s***. Acquire him and the other Vizcaino from Arizona to shore up the mop up bullpen role, and I think we could probably win out for the rest of the season.