What Happened To Gene Honda............?!?!?!

Thunderin'Thome

I never liked the idea of kids singing at games or announcing lineups. All these additions for kids takes away from the game. I hate all the little gimmicks parks do for kids, its places like Yankee Stadium and Fenway that show the true game of baseball.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:18 PM)
I never liked the idea of kids singing at games or announcing lineups. All these additions for kids takes away from the game. I hate all the little gimmicks parks do for kids, its places like Yankee Stadium and Fenway that show the true game of baseball.

All that matters is the product on the field. Did the kids make Dye go 0-5?

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:18 PM)

I agree. Enough is enough allready. Gene is the voice of the sox. Is nothing sacred in the game of baseball anymore?

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)
um...who cares? :huh

A lot of people. Gene is the voice of Sox games. It just isn't the same without him. Just like it hasn't been the same without Nancy at all the games this year.

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 09:24 AM)
A lot of people. Gene is the voice of Sox games. It just isn't the same without him. Just like it hasn't been the same without Nancy at all the games this year.

It's for an inning... I'm sure Gene enjoys the break.

As for Nancy, she's been at 13 games so far this season which was HER CHOICE.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 09:27 AM)
It's for an inning... I'm sure Gene enjoys the break.

As for Nancy, she's been at 13 games so far this season which was HER CHOICE.

An inning doesn't bother me, in fact I think it's great if kids get a chance to be the PA announcer for an inning. That would be the thrill of a lifetime. But he misses games from time to time. Like the NCAA Tournament. It's a great opportunity for him, but that doesn't change the fact that games aren't the same.

And I know Nancy decided to take it easy this year. That still doesn't change the fact that games aren't the same without her too.

Edited by SoxFan76

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 11:11 AM)
An inning doesn't bother me, in fact I think it's great if kids get a chance to be the PA announcer for an inning. That would be the thrill of a lifetime. But he misses games from time to time. Like the NCAA Tournament. It's a great opportunity for him, but that doesn't change the fact that games aren't the same.

And I know Nancy decided to take it easy this year. That still doesn't change the fact that games aren't the same without her too.

I don't know. I found the last two games quite enjoyable. :huh

Edited by RibbieRubarb