What time to arrive at the park to see batting practice?

IamtheHBOMB

Hey all,

Not sure where to post this, thought the general forum would be a good spot though. Of the dozens of White Sox games I've been to I have never been able to get the park early enough to see BP. The only game I went to this year (I believe it was April the 22nd) - I arrived as they were taking the protective cages off the field. I have some nice seats in the left field bleachers for tonights game and would like to get the chance to catch some balls from batting practice. Can anyone suggest a time to be there by? I was thinking somewhere in the range of 1 and a half to 2 hours before first pitch. Any helpful feedback is greatly appreciated.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...BattingPractice

Batting Practice

When do the teams take batting practice?

For a 7:05 game, the White Sox take BP at 4:45, visitors at 5:45. For a 6:05 game, White Sox BP is at 3:45, visitors at 4:45. For a 2:05 game, the White Sox take BP at 11:30, visitors at 12:30. For a 1:05 game, the White Sox take BP at 10:30, visitors at 11:30. For a 12:15 game, White Sox BP is at 9:40, visitors at 10:40. On certain days, the clubs do not take batting practice.

Gates Open

What time do the gates open for games?

The U.S. Cellular Field gates open 90 minutes prior to game time, unless otherwise noted.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 01:03 AM)
Gates Open

What time do the gates open for games?

The U.S. Cellular Field gates open 90 minutes prior to game time, unless otherwise noted.

I believe the gates open 2 hours before gametime this year. That would get you in to see the visitor's BP.

QUOTE(gar102 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 07:01 AM)
I believe the gates open 2 hours before gametime this year. That would get you in to see the visitor's BP.

thats what i heard too, but each of the 3 games ive been to this year they have opened an hour and a half early like last year

If you get there when the park opens, you should be able to get down by the field, just in time to see the Sox walk off of it. :P

if you want to spend $300, like I did, you can be there for batting practice with the team. Contact the Sox for that one.

Hey all,

Not sure where to post this, thought the general forum would be a good spot though. Of the dozens of White Sox games I've been to I have never been able to get the park early enough to see BP. The only game I went to this year (I believe it was April the 22nd) - I arrived as they were taking the protective cages off the field. I have some nice seats in the left field bleachers for tonights game and would like to get the chance to catch some balls from batting practice. Can anyone suggest a time to be there by? I was thinking somewhere in the range of 1 and a half to 2 hours before first pitch. Any helpful feedback is greatly appreciated.

Batting practice begins for the Sox when that Cardinal pitcher throws his first pitch. Ha.

QUOTE(gar102 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 07:01 AM)

90 minutes. Plenty of time to see visitors BP.