Knicks fire Brown

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
So Brown could end up in Charlotte now.

And we've all been waiting for this day. Isiah Thomas to crash and burn in the mess he made.

I hope the Knicks go 0-82, and Chicago gets the #1 pick to add even more fuel to the "ISIAH SUCKS" crowd. The guy is a bafoon, he's ruined EVERYTHING he's touched once he left the basketball court.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)
I think some people are underestimating Isiah. I see them as a better team with Isiah. About 10 wins better. Now I'm not saying Isiah is a better coach, but he'll be better for that team.

1)Isiah won't try to mold them. He'll let them do whatever they please on offense and not ask for much on defense.

I agree completely...if they decide to drop out of the NBA and start their own streetball tour...

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 11:26 PM)
This is the last time I am going to say this, GREG ODEN WILL NOT LEAVE OSU AFTER ONE YEAR!!!

I'd suggest you enjoy his one year there and go to as many games as possible...

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
That's an extremely special case, and he had been in school for 4 years already (3 as a player and he redshirted), but point taken.

Tim Duncan. He was going to be a #1 pick coming out of high school. Teams were just waiting on him. Oden is a guy who will go #1 in any draft and everyone knows that. He won't lose much if anything at all by not leaving OSU. He also sounds like he just wants to stay in college and grow up like a bunch of other kids do.

And I'm willing to make a sig/avy bet of anyone's choice that the Knicks end up with a better record than they did last year. Who's up for it?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 10:07 AM)
See also Matt Leinart.

I'm sure Leinart regrets that decision every day now. He was the consensus #1 pick to San Fran, but came back to school to see his running back win the Heisman, a scrambling QB win the National Championship, and 9 people get drafted ahead of him.

Other such players would be dumb to make the same mistake. If Oden is smart, he's gone after year 1, because injuries can happen at any given time.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
I'm sure Leinart regrets that decision every day now. He was the consensus #1 pick to San Fran, but came back to school to see his running back win the Heisman, a scrambling QB win the National Championship, and 9 people get drafted ahead of him.

Other such players would be dumb to make the same mistake. If Oden is smart, he's gone after year 1, because injuries can happen at any given time.

could you imagine how much money Noah might've lost if he gets a serious injury... or isn't able to play at the same level he did in the tourney this year.

I can't imagine turning down a top 4 pick in the draft for another year in college... any shmuck can get a degree... very few people can get top 4 cash.

Edited by tealeafreaderii