50 runs in last 3 games against StL?

SpringfieldFan

Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't the Sox scored 50 runs in the last three games against the Cardinals? I believe the last time the two teams played interleage (in 2001 or so) the Sox won the last game 17 to 5 or something like that. If that is true, could it be some kind of record for most runs scored against one team over three games?

SFF

Edit: My mistake. The Sox won the final game of the 2000 series 15-7. They then lost all three games of the 2001 series and I must have conveniently blocked it out.

Edited by SpringfieldFan

Okay am I the only one floored by how we're shellacking the best (arguably) team in the NL? For all the hype leading up to this, it's like we're playing a AAA club.

I would have NEVER guessed this to be the case.

Any explanation for this? It's just, well... surreal...

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
Okay am I the only one floored by how we're shellacking the best (arguably) team in the NL? For all the hype leading up to this, it's like we're playing a AAA club.

Explanation? It's got to be Mariotti.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)

Well, the NL blows and their pitching is bad. I think it was Morrissey that wrote about this yesterday. Pitchers that can't make it in the AL end up in the weak NL these days and look decent, but after this interleague stuff, there is no question how much better the AL is.

I'd like to point out that even the Royals have a 3 game winning streak. Yes they are playing the Pirates right now, but it shows that the Royals might be respectably bad in the NL, rather than a laughing stock.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE(G&T @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 05:19 PM)
Well, the NL blows and their pitching is bad. I think it was Morrissey that wrote about this yesterday. Pitchers that can't make it in the AL end up in the weak NL these days and look decent, but after this interleague stuff, there is no question how much better the AL is.

The cards announcers kept bringing this column up yesterday.....they seemed to be pretty annoyed.....then we scored 13 runs......

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
The cards announcers kept bringing this column up yesterday.....they seemed to be pretty annoyed.....then we scored 13 runs......

Well reality can't be painful I guess.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 12:21 PM)
mets have to be considered the best in the NL right now...but if they are beating up on these midgets...then i have no respect for them.

I dont get that either.. Cards took 2/3 from the Mets pretty easily.. Mets have just lost 2/3 to Baltimore at home and currently 2/3 to the Reds at home..

Not as if the Mets are clear and away the best team in the NL.. It's the Cardinals and Mets this year (nobody else really concerns from the NL side unless the season changes).. and those two are a big dropoff from the AL's teams..

Edited by CardsJimEdmonds15

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
I think we just got lucky and faced to guys pitching like trash. If the shelling continues tonight against Reyes then maybe there is something to it.

That and the entire sox line up has been seeing the ball well.

Well Mulder has been up and down all year, but he knows how to get people out generally. Marquis had been pitching well recently until he ran into the Sox.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
The Cardinals can't be this bad. We're just hot right now and they are cold. I still think the Cards are the best team in the NL, and I'm still hoping for a Sox/Cards World Series.

Ya hit the nail on the head. We're hot right now...I don't care who we're facing.

This is not about the Cards, the Sox have scored 8 or more runs 8 out of their last 10 games. 90 runs over that span. They're freakin... :headbang :gosox2: :gosox1: