Official Game Thread 6/22 - Cards vs Sox 7:05

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Another "unofficial" error for Crede. His bobble of the easy ground ball allowed the lead runner to safely advance to second, though Crede was still able to salvage the out at first.

No error in the box score because he recorded an out, and the lead runner did not end up scoring, but still a flaw in the defensive wizard Joe Crede.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:48 AM)
Another "unofficial" error for Crede. His bobble of the easy ground ball allowed the lead runner to safely advance to second, though Crede was still able to salvage the out at first.

No error in the box score because he recorded an out, and the lead runner did not end up scoring, but still a flaw in the defensive wizard Joe Crede.

He still made the out on the play. The runner was going on the pitch, so he had no chance to get him at 2nd base. If you're going to b**** about his defense, at least do it after a bad play.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)

I would start a Crede-bashing thread after that. He is absolutely worthless.

Every game FG has zero stuff, I mentioned it his last start--it's like what I saw playing DIII baseball:

85-87 MPH "fastball", a looping curve, a slider that doesn't bite, and a change that either can't find the plate, or finds the middle of the plate.

How does he get these guys out? It's amazing he hasn't been shelled this year.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)
So...........

Where's the Anthony Reyes in our minor league system?

The guy better pitch like this for the next 5 years against the Cubs. He has the best control I've seen all year.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
We are 46-25. BTW we are also the defending world champs.

Hey, just curious if there's a pitcher such as him in our system.

We do have a pitcher comparable to Reyes right? You know, 95 mph fastball, good control.

I sure as hell know the possibility of a Liriano emerging is impossible. Don't scout latin countries can't expect to locate one.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 06:52 PM)
Hawk reacted to Garcia at 90 mph like he does to Jenks at 100 mph.

So what you are saying is that Hawk is reacting to Garcia throwing in the high 80s? Just trying to keep up. I didn't pick it up the first 80 times. :bang

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
Hey, just curious where's our Anthony Reyes?

We do have a pitcher comparable to Reyes right? You know, 95 mph fastball, good control.

I sure as hell know the possibility of a Liriano emerging is impossible. Don't scout latin countries can't expect to locate one.

Man oh man. You are obsessed. I almost feel that you would trade a division title for a Latin American pitching star to salivate over.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:53 AM)

I wonder what the advantage will be of Ozzie's success as a manager in terms of signing Latino ball players in 5 to 10 years. He's the idol to a lot of those players, and it might help us in signing them down the road.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)
So what you are saying is that Hawk is reacting to Garcia throwing in the high 80s? Just trying to keep up. I didn't pick it up the first 80 times. :bang

Actually, it was more just a funny moment in the game. I wasn't ragging on it at all. You could hear Hawk's voice raise a little bit when Garcia hit the 90 mph mark.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)
Real good first four innings Freddy.

I like seeing him throw the change-up to righties. It's not something he normally does, but it can be real effective when used in the right spot.