Official Game Thread 6/22 - Cards vs Sox 7:05

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
Is that Theo Epstein in your avatar?

You should have the best GM in baseball in there, not some punk from New England.

Yeah, I am actually a huge Red Sox fan. But I'm also loving what the White Sox have done over the years too. Hence the name soxunited. I know about Theo - but I have been brainwashed by the Sox faithful to love that man.

Good first inning Freddy.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)
Fantastic play by Crede. This is probably ironic, but Timo scares me against Garcia.

jphat....you're good at finding this. What's Garcia on the gun at the Cell?

I dunno. It would probably be wrong though. The comcast gun is always wrong, the FSN Midwest gun had Bobby at 88-89 last night, and who knows where they are getting their readings from though. I don't trust any guns.

Can Comcast please fix the f***ing radar gun. I'm sick of this bulls*** every time I get the Sox feed. That or if its the Sox gun, fix it. Whatever it takes, just get it done.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
Reyes has got some impressive control. He's going to throw that change-up on 3-2 pitches all night.

He should have been up here a while ago. I think the Cards took it a little slow with him and they shouldn't send him down. They got guys that are worse.

Apparently they are recalibrating the gun now.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 05:22 PM)
Notice how CSN is making a big deal about the gun today of all days when it's almost always way off, funny how it would be such a big concern with today's starter for the Sox.

Hawk has been pretty pissed at the gun readings the last few games I've watched.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:22 AM)
Notice how CSN is making a big deal about the gun today of all days when it's almost always way off, funny how it would be such a big concern with today's starter for the Sox.

I've noticed that Hawk is most vocal about the gun when Garcia is on the mound. To be honest, after all of the questioning about Garcia's velocity this season, I'm happy that he makes sure he tells the viewing audience what's going on.

It took DJ 19 minutes to comment on Garcia's finesse style of pitching.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
I've noticed that Hawk is most vocal about the gun when Garcia is on the mound. To be honest, after all of the questioning about Garcia's velocity this season, I'm happy that he makes sure he tells the viewing audience what's going on.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was alluding to. It seems Hawk and DJ are the only members of the media who are willing to even mention Garcia's sudden loss of velocity.