Official Game Thread 6/22 - Cards vs Sox 7:05

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 05:25 PM)
I've noticed that Hawk is most vocal about the gun when Garcia is on the mound. To be honest, after all of the questioning about Garcia's velocity this season, I'm happy that he makes sure he tells the viewing audience what's going on.

It took DJ 19 minutes to comment on Garcia's finesse style of pitching.

Him and DJ have even said 87 is the hardest he's thrown now while 91 is about the hardest they've seen all year and I usually think stadium guns are relatively accurate. Plus they talk to scouts who I'm sure are checking the guns of Garcia.

You can tell they have been frustrated with Freddy's lack of using the FB. He has great breaking stuff, but he still has to throw his FB from time to time.

Hawk starts to laugh at how Mack almost fell over catchin a routine fly to center. Luckily he caught it.

I almost thought that was going to be an insdie the parker (had Rob fallen over) that thing would have rolled all the way to the wall.

For those that don't have the game on TV, it wasn't a hard hit ball at all. Went off the end of the bat (so in Mack's defense that makes it a bit harder to get a read on, but right there was one of the reasons I don't want him in CF when we have Anderson available)

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:26 AM)
Getting outs or not, Garcia has thrown some REAL cookies in this game already...

He threw a pitch to Timo that I think Jose Contreras would have hit hard. He gets out of the inning, pitching over the two defensive miscues.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:28 AM)
Hawk starts to laugh at how Mack almost fell over catchin a routine fly to center. Luckily he caught it.

I almost thought that was going to be an insdie the parker (had Rob fallen over) that thing would have rolled all the way to the wall.

For those that don't have the game on TV, it wasn't a hard hit ball at all.

He's so smooth out there.

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
Cards announcer say Freddy pitches slow because he is from Venezuela (which is like the Caribian) and is on Island time. :huh:

Is that racist? :huh

That's more retarded than racist. Funny how he was throwing mid 90's in Seattle.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 05:31 PM)
That's more retarded than racist. Funny how he was throwing mid 90's in Seattle.

By slow, I think he was referring to how Freddy takes his time on the mound as opposed to his velocity.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
Funny how he was throwing mid 90's in Seattle.

That's what happens when you're a young pitcher and your manager is Lou Pinella...Sweet Lou blew out young arms for years. Freddy's lucky that he's still able to pitch at all.