Official Game Thread 6/22 - Cards vs Sox 7:05

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Throwing a no no for the Cards is like a curse. Bud Smith, remember how touted he was. Than Jimenez who was supposed to be pretty good, but really had a mediocre career sans a year or two where he was semi solid as the closer for the Rockies.

Glad to see Eckstein is okay on that colission.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
Flash: what exactly are you trying to say? We don't scout the latin countries well? I think that's fair. But if you're saying that guys like Liriano and Reyes are a dime a dozen, and we should have a few, you're kidding yourself.

whats BMac? Chopped liver?

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 06:10 PM)
Flash: what exactly are you trying to say? We don't scout the latin countries well? I think that's fair. But if you're saying that guys like Liriano and Reyes are a dime a dozen, and we should have a few, you're kidding yourself.

Flash, the guy who made his debut for Bristol yesterday throws into the mid 90's and I think he came from our dominican camp.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 06:10 PM)
Yes, and it's because of his offensive value why I don't want him to get hurt on bad reads on fly balls.

Unbelievable.

JD creams it to center and Taguchi jumps up at the wall and drops a ball that should have been caught.

It should be an error and I hope it is called that. Lets legitimately bust up the no no with an RBI single right here.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)

Not sure if you meant this, but just to be clear -- Reyes is American.

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
nope scored an error.

Yeah I edited it.

But I'll be the 1st to say:

REYES HAS A NO HITTER GOING. YUP. HE DOES. A NO HITTER.

:Crosses Fingers:

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
I didn't see the play, but from your description, it sounds like it would have been a HELL of a play, and might not be an error.

Pretty routine play actually. Definitely an error.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 06:15 PM)
I didn't see the play, but from your description, it sounds like it would have been a HELL of a play, and might not be an error.

He jumped when he didn't need to jump and the ball landed square in the middle of his glove. Would Mack make the play, probably not, but Taguchi got there and should have made the grab.

Hawk and DJ are such a joy to listen to. Between DJ trying to jinx the no no and there analysis of what Larussa is doing on the field (moving the fielders up to distract the hitter; something we can't see from the normal camera angle).

They are homers, but they both know there s*** for the most part. Although Hawk does ocassionally upset me with some of his rants.