Albert Pujols to Start Tonight

G&T

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup just heard it.

this is good, i've been to the game the last 2 nights, and the cards are boring. i'll be there tonight, maybe they can keep it within 10 with him up.

plus, this will get him warmed up for detroit over the weekend!

QUOTE(holly wiggins @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
And with Ozzie suspended for one game, who is managing the Sox tonight, have they said yet?

I'm thinking Ozzie Jr. would be a good choice.

Coop tends to take over in such situations.

Drill Pujols in the poohole with the very first pitch. Send the bastard a message, I have no problem with drilling the other teams best player when no warnings are issued (ie: nobody on our team is suspended).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
That would mean the Cardinals would need to make 2 roster moves today instead of the 1 to bring up their starter, IIRC. Maybe Edmonds hitting the DL after last night's concussion? Just guessing.

He also needs surgery.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 05:19 PM)
Drill Pujols in the poohole with the very first pitch. Send the bastard a message, I have no problem with drilling the other teams best player when no warnings are issued (ie: nobody on our team is suspended).

He also needs surgery.

Oh, where is that pot-stirring smiley when I need it?...

Sporting News has these lineups in

Cards

SS Eckstein

CF Luna

1B Pujols

3B Rolen

RF Encarnacion

LF Taguchi

DH Spiezio

C Molina

2B Miles

Sox

LF Podsednik

2B Cintron

DH Thome

1B Konerko

RF Dye

C Pierzynski

3B Crede

CF Mackowiak

SS Uribe

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
Sporting News has these lineups in

Cards

SS Eckstein

CF Luna

1B Pujols

3B Rolen

RF Encarnacion

LF Taguchi

DH Spiezio

C Molina

2B Miles

Sox

LF Podsednik

2B Cintron

DH Thome

1B Konerko

RF Dye

C Pierzynski

3B Crede

CF Mackowiak

SS Uribe

Their lineup still f***ing blows since Edmonds is gone. Reyes better throw a hell of a game.

Oh, and don't pitch to Pujols. Ever.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)
If Pujols reaggrivates that injury, they'll be regretting this move.

That's the first thing that comes to mind. But they can't be so stupid. They've been playing well without AP, except for the last two games, and they're still comfortably in first (with guaranteed-to-slide Cincy next up). And clearly not Pujols or Zeus could have made enough of a difference in the last two games. So you'd think the initial reports had to be exaggerated.

I dunno, it just seems like they'd have to be 120% sure he's okay to bring him back tonight.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
That's the first thing that comes to mind. But they can't be so stupid. They've been playing well without AP, except for the last two games, and they're still comfortably in first (with guaranteed-to-slide Cincy next up). And clearly not Pujols or Zeus could have made enough of a difference in the last two games. So you'd think the initial reports had to be exaggerated.

I dunno, it just seems like they'd have to be 120% sure he's okay to bring him back tonight.

Which is why I just can't figure out why they'd bring him back yet, even if he says he's healthy. The last thing they want is to lose him for another 2 weeks from him twisting the wrong way.

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 04:42 PM)
The Cardinals will activate slugger Albert Pujols from the disabled list before tonight's 7:05 CT matchup with the White Sox. Mark Mulder heads to the DL to make room for Pujols, who returns from a strained right oblique muscle. Anthony Reyes gets the start. Full story >

That's the 2nd NL Central pitcher in a week to go to the DL due to "sucking at his job" (Glendon Rusch did earlier this week).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
That's the 2nd NL Central pitcher in a week to go to the DL due to "sucking at his job" (Glendon Rusch did earlier this week).

He's going on the DL with a 'sore shoulder' but believe what you want.. I think he's been hurt for a while now but who knows..