Roger Clemens didn't look too hot tonight

Gregory Pratt

This coverage makes me sick. They act like he has been out of baseball for years and is coming back. He just pitched in October and in March in the WBC.

I was telling people at work that this will be Liriano's national coming out party and all he did was give up a weak ass homer.

I love Clemens. He's one of the best conditioned baseball players you will ever find. He's a fantastic pitcher who's still going strong at an old age.

However, and I didn't see any of this coverage, I can only imagine after having to see all the Bonds crap during the 714 chase.

I hate ESPN.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 09:18 AM)
Source?

I will give Kruk a little credit. When Clemens was mowing down minor leaguers, he was slowing down the tape showing that Clemens had a different arm slot than last year, and that his legs basically weren't ready yet. Giving 43 year old pitchers $12 million for 3 1/2 months is very risky, even when they have special "workouts".

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
A friend and I were watching and calling "Baseball Tonight" "Clemens Tonight" for the fact that 90 percent of their show was devoted to such things as "TEN GREATEST CLEMENS MOMENTS!"

f*** them.

I dont understand ESPN sometimes. Simply do not.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 02:48 AM)
Love the player, not the person... considering we all know how big of a douche bag he is.

I'd agree with that.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 07:06 AM)
Filed away for comparison when his "dirty secret" is revealed.. ;)

Did Ozzie say something about him too???? :P

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
:rolly

If it was any other poster, you would agree with them.

Hu...? RC is 44 years old and still dominent. That in itself is reason enough to cover his return as they are.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 11:38 AM)
Hu...? RC is 44 years old and still dominent. That in itself is reason enough to cover his return as they are.

It's about ESPN, not Clemens. Everyone agrees ESPN sucks, but Hangar says it and he gets ripped on.

Whatever. I'm done trying. haha

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
It's about ESPN, not Clemens. Everyone agrees ESPN sucks, but Hangar says it and he gets ripped on.

Whatever. I'm done trying. haha

Ripped on...? Yea. Stop trying because your looking silly. :wacko: