Basketball beating

Steff

I wish I was on that guy's team (the one who got jumped) because I would have pummelled that guy for hitting my teammate. That is the type of s*** that enrages me. I would kicked him in the ficking throat then started wailing on his ass.

aww..come on dude...he was just keeping it real. He was dissed on the court and needed to handle his business

I'm sure the reports will come out on how that kid is such a good boy and wouldn't do anything like this.

:headshake

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
Uh, there was a shove from that kid before he got his ass kicked. I'm not saying he deserved it, but he did provoke it.

The other kid needs to put a pair of gloves on, he's got raw skillz.

I'm not a basketball player, but that "push" didn't look any more aggresive than normal play..? Was it more?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
I'm not a basketball player, but that "push" didn't look any more aggresive than normal play..? Was it more?

It was the kind of thing that can start a fight. Obviously the kid got more than he bargained for, and the beating was excessive, but if you take and give someone a two hand shove like that, you HAVE to expect someone to swing at you, IMO.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
Uh, there was a shove from that kid before he got his ass kicked. I'm not saying he deserved it, but he did provoke it.

yeah if you listen to the whol interview the kid says they were fighting for a rebound on play before and the one kid shoved him as they were running down the court and he shoved him back and then BAM clothes line!!

Punk ass kid is what he is and he should be brought on charges.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)

It does look like he just pushed him for no reason. Sometimes you'll see someone push off a bit to try and seperate from the defender but that right there seemed like a blatant push with out any reason for it.

Edited by Rowand44

Yeah, the kid said he got the rebound and was cleaeing out (swinging elbows, which is legal) and hit the guy in the chest. Then he got pushed, pushed back, and then he got his ass beat. No reason to beat the hell out of him. If you have a problem, get in his face but don't punch the f*** out of him.

My beef is where the f*** are this guy's teammates to stomp on that motherf***er?

It seemed as if they were getting physical, probably before the footage on the piece. The dude that did the swinging should be charged. Pushing and shoving happens in the game and you deal with it, that punk took it too far.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
yeah if you listen to the whol interview the kid says they were fighting for a rebound on play before and the one kid shoved him as they were running down the court and he shoved him back and then BAM clothes line!!

Punk ass kid is what he is and he should be brought on charges.

I figured there had to be some pushing and shoving as they were coming down the court, even more reason to let it die. Unless of course you're ready and willing to fight and one kid clearly was not.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
My beef is where the f*** are this guy's teammates to stomp on that motherf***er?

Maybe Brian Anderson can hold a clinic on the proper way to stick up for your teammates. :lol:

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
I figured there had to be some pushing and shoving as they were coming down the court, even more reason to let it die. Unless of course you're ready and willing to fight and one kid clearly was not.

He didn't seem to have much of an opportunity.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)

hmmmm..pushing and shoving under the board for a rebound. pushing continues up court. sure...all part of guys playing baskeball. a push provkes another push. a push doesn't provoke getting hit in the neck, knocked cold, and pummeled . Nothing that kid could have done provoked that kind of response.

At the very least, you could tell the kid was out cold when he hit the floor and he could have left it at that. Instead, he pulled a wussy move and attacked a kid who had NO chance to defend himself.

I'm almost willing to bet anything that somewhere in this kid's defense he will claim the white kid called him the n-word.

:fight

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
Yeah, the kid said he got the rebound and was cleaeing out (swinging elbows, which is legal) and hit the guy in the chest. Then he got pushed, pushed back, and then he got his ass beat. No reason to beat the hell out of him. If you have a problem, get in his face but don't punch the f*** out of him.

It happened so quick, they didn't have time.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)

I hate to say it, but you don't put your hands onto someone like that if you aren't ready to back it up. Granted the beating the kid took was WAY too far, but you can't expect to get away with stuff like that. In reality, you don't know who you are stepping to at that point. Anything can happen...

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
It happened so quick, they didn't have time.

They had time. They good have gotten there before the parents did and whooped that kids ass. Maybe that team just doesn't have good chemistry?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
It does look like he just pushed him for no reason. Sometimes you'll see someone push off a bit to try and seperate from the defender but that right there seemed like a blatant push with out any reason for it.

There's a lot of contact in basketball....especially under the boards boxing out and such...I agree that push wasn't basketball related. but it soudns like it went back to the play before and was just typical shoving that goes on in basketball. A clothes line and a fury of punches that would make any hockey inforcer proud, was way out of bounds. Once again we can't look at the result and say oh the kid is fine now. We have to look at what if he wasn't fine. What if his jaw was busted or his head got cracked open on the floor or any other number of SERIOUS things that could have occured.

This kid needs to be made an example of so next time there's the typical pushing on a court one of the kids can say "oh dam remember what happened to so and so...he was put on probation and banned from basketball for the rest of high school or whatever.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
I hate to say it, but you don't put your hands onto someone like that if you aren't ready to back it up. Granted the beating the kid took was WAY too far, but you can't expect to get away with stuff like that. In reality, you don't know who you are stepping to at that point. Anything can happen...

Agree word for word with this.

QUOTE(juddling @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
hmmmm..pushing and shoving under the board for a rebound. pushing continues up court. sure...all part of guys playing baskeball. a push provkes another push. a push doesn't provoke getting hit in the neck, knocked cold, and pummeled . Nothing that kid could have done provoked that kind of response.

At the very least, you could tell the kid was out cold when he hit the floor and he could have left it at that. Instead, he pulled a wussy move and attacked a kid who had NO chance to defend himself.

I'm almost willing to bet anything that somewhere in this kid's defense he will claim the white kid called him the n-word.

:fight

I believe he might claim that, only because it's at least possible he did. Again, nothing justifies the attack.

Maybe he could have/would have backed it up... if he wasn't out cold. :huh

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
Agree word for word with this.

I disagree. Pushing and shoving is part of basketball. I wouldnt expect to get pummelled after pushing and shoving someone on the street. Let alone in organized basketball. The kid was out of line for the clothesline and then the continuous beating.

You have to consider the entire situation. The kid was mad that he got elbowed on the chest, so he pushed the guy. Would it have been ok for the white kid to beat the black kid's ass right there? Of course not.

Exactamundo Fonzarelli.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
There's a lot of contact in baseketball....expecially under the boards boxing out and such...I agree that push wasn't basketball related. but it soudns like it went back to the play before and was just typical shoving that goes on in basketball. A clothes line and a fury of punches that would make any hockey inforcer proud, was way out of bounds. Once again we can't look at the result and say oh the kid is fine now. We have to look at what if he wasn't fine. What if his jaw was busted or his head got cracked open on the floor or any other number of SERIOUS things that could have occured.

Pushing and shoving to get a rebound is very common which means this kid should have let it go and not try to do anything about it. He then comes up the court when you think everything would be done with and goes out of his way to push the other kid. Now, anyone out there that got shoved for absolutely no reason is either going to shove the guy back or take a hack at him. Obviously, he took it way too far when the kid was on the ground seemingly out cold but the initial reaction by the guy who went crazy seems pretty typical of what a lot of others would do.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
I believe he might claim that, only because it's at least possible he did. Again, nothing justifies the attack.

I, for one, don't clothesline motherf***ers who call me a cracker? I just start dropping 3's in their face.