AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!&a

Rowand44

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 11:18 PM)
How long was Thome's from last night?

Official distance = 422 ft.

Standard* distance = 440 ft.

*distance the ball would have traveled uninterrupted (factoring in wind, temp and altitude)

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:56 AM)
I want to know how far Thome's foul blast was. Looked like an easy 450, at least.

Did anyone at the game see where this ball landed exactly. They never showed it land on TV, so it was impossible to really gage just how far that thing traveled.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 01:13 AM)
Did anyone at the game see where this ball landed exactly. They never showed it land on TV, so it was impossible to really gage just how far that thing traveled.

It was a friggin BLAST though.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 01:13 AM)

You could judge how far a foulball went if you saw it land on tv? That's impressive.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
It was a friggin BLAST though.

Supposedly it "hit" something I think a window (it's not glass not sure what the material was) over by the deep right field stands. God I wish I knew the name of it but it's late and I'm tweekin right now.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 01:17 AM)
Supposedly it "hit" something I think a window (it's not glass not sure what the material was) over by the deep right field stands. God I wish I knew the name of it but it's late and I'm tweekin right now.

The stadium club?

If so, that's amazing. When I sat up there, it was a long, long ways away.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 01:17 AM)

If you're talking about the restaraunt in RF, isn't that the Stadium Club?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 01:21 AM)
If you're talking about the restaraunt in RF, isn't that the Stadium Club?

Again I might be tweekin, but I heard it eigher just missed it by two feet or barely hit it. I'm going by what my cousin told me cause he sat right around that area and he was braggin about it for a little while now. (he told me this like 2-3 hours ago though)

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 01:23 AM)
Again I might be tweekin, but I heard it eigher just missed it by two feet or barely hit it. I'm going by what my cousin told me cause he sat right around that area and he was braggin about it for a little while now. (he told me this like 2-3 hours ago though)

Considering how fast it came off the bat and just how hard he hit it, I would not be surprised if he hit a window at the Stadium Club. Hell, I honestly thought it went further than that.

Really pleased with how the bullpen held up tonight.

It showed how important getting David Riske was. Riske can pitch in the 8th for you, so you don't have to save that inning for a guy like Cotts. Instead Neal can come in and get you out of danger, like he did when he came in for Jose.

It makes our bullpen a lot more effective if Ozzie uses the guys in the right situations.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 02:15 AM)
Really pleased with how the bullpen held up tonight.

It showed how important gettind David Riske was. Riske can pitch in the 8th for you, so you don't have to save that inning for a guy like Cotts. Instead Neal can come in and get you out of danger, like he did when he came in for Jose.

It makes our bullpen a lot more effective if Ozzie uses the guys in the right situations.

Exactly. Having Riske makes us a hell of a lot more dependable down in the pen. If KW could just get one more good trade like this it would bad ass.

While Thornton was doing good for a little, he hasn't been that hot lately.