Tigers clobber Cardinals

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Truthfully I love how you all are taking one source and running with the same ol bs (willing to bet this so called source is Duncan, lol).. it's old news.. Nobody from the team said anything bashing the White Sox unless you count that moron Dave Duncan..

Get over it.. we're playing crappy ball.. that's all..

The joke is old but continue on :lolhitting

It's time for the Cards to just admit.. the only thing they should accuse is Dave Duncan and the starters for stealing money.. that's the only thing I'm worried about!

Edited by CardsJimEdmonds15

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
Truthfully I love how you all are taking one source and running with the same ol bs (willing to bet this so called source is Duncan, lol).. it's old news.. Nobody from the team said anything bashing the White Sox unless you count that moron Dave Duncan..

Get over it.. we're playing crappy ball.. that's all..

The joke is old but continue on :lolhitting

It's time for the Cards to just admit.. the only thing they should accuse is Dave Duncan and the starters for stealing money.. that's the only thing I'm worried about!

Honestly, if you got to see the ridiculous coverage this story has been getting in the Chicago media you'd understand why so many people are running with it around these parts. The insane Chicago media has hit the ground running with this thing, hell it was the lead story on both Around the Horn and PTI too, so ESPN is going with it as well. Some people are getting sick of the ridiculous negative press the organization has been getting and now the team is being characterised as "cheaters" because of some stupid ass unnamed source from the Cardinals.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 01:31 AM)
Honestly, if you got to see the ridiculous coverage this story has been getting in the Chicago media you'd understand why so many people are running with it around these parts. The insane Chicago media has hit the ground running with this thing, hell it was the lead story on both Around the Horn and PTI too, so ESPN is going with it as well. Some people are getting sick of the ridiculous negative press the organization has been getting and now the team is being characterised as "cheaters" because of some stupid ass unnamed source from the Cardinals.

I am learning to live with espn turning us into america's villians.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 05:45 AM)
We've turned into the Yankees?

The Yankees are a joke... people hate the Sox because they're actually good. And actually, I have a lot of friends that are fans of a lot of diverse teams (NL and AL) and many of them love the Sox, how they play, and are jealous as hell of us having Ozzie. Don't let the media cloud your vision of how this team is really perceived.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 07:53 AM)
The Yankees are a joke... people hate the Sox because they're actually good. And actually, I have a lot of friends that are fans of a lot of diverse teams (NL and AL) and many of them love the Sox, how they play, and are jealous as hell of us having Ozzie. Don't let the media cloud your vision of how this team is really perceived.

I don't know anyone who ENVIES us for having Guillen. Most people outside of Soxdom that I've met like him as a Manager but think he's an absolute idiot.

I do know that a lot of fans in baseball thoroughly enjoy the way we play the game. In Cincinnatti there were some guys telling me about it. It felt nice. :)

I was kidding as the Yankees comparison, but I was kidding on the square. We are nowhere near as hated as some people would imagine, and certainly not by fans. Hell, DJ says (on the air) that other teams react to us by saying, "Wow, you guys are good!" after games and stuff, and so I'd doubt that a lot of teams have a problem with us, either.

Except for, you know, Texas. :D

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 05:50 PM)
How dare you imply something like that!

Haven't you gotten the memo -- the steroid age is over! ;)

(I'm kind of glad someone else is skeptical about Pujols.)

You're really not looking hard enough if Sqwert is the only guy you can find.

Interesting topic.

I also like being the team everyone hates. I've noticed it a lot more. It sucked when the Sox were finishing 2nd every year, but now that they're the best team in baseball, I like being hated. I think it's funny more than anything. Ask a person why they hate the White Sox.

"Nobody shows up to their games"

"They cheat"

"They got lucky"

"You can get shot outside the stadium"

:crying :rolly

And as for Ozzie, we were talking baseball at a party of mine on Saturday. The booze was flowing, so you can only imagine the conversations. Well we started talking about grand slams and suicide squeezes: stuff you don't see every day. My friend (female...if it matters) says "aww, I wish the Cubs would do a suicide squeeze...I wish Ozzie was our manager...as much as I hate him"

Interesting comment. I bet most feel that way, they just don't want to admit it.