the Overnight

cwsox

I have just gotten home from dropping off the grandkid after getting home from the overnight -

wow, this was such a class event -

it was so unbelivably fantastic -

to be tossing the ball in the outfield and playing in the bullpens -

to watch the game on the scoreboard in such an atmosphere, everyone spead out in the outfield, eating all the pizza we could eat and drinking all the everything we could drink - I can't explain what it felt like to be lounging on that wonderfully soft grass in such a community picnic atmosphere -

at 1 in the morning to be watching Field of Dreams on the scoreboard and look around and say, damn, Comiskey Park, we're in the middle of Comiskey Park -

the Sox really organized this well and both the grandson and I can't wait to go to nex year's event - we spent the night at the ball park! - we both came home on such a high and based on the smiles we saw all around on the faces of everyone there -

coming home and seeing all the gripes and complaints about this and that, I am right now so far removed from that place - I spent the night sleeping in the outfield! (until it rained but I saw sunrise over left field from the club section!)

and being a Sox fan is watching the joy in the children, in my grandson and the others - in just enjoying the glorious feeling of being a Sox fan -

I watched my grandson fall asleep at 1:30 with a smile on his face and saw him jump out of the car tonight to tell his mother how wonderful it was -

it was one of the most remarkable events in my life -

my grandson got interviewed my mlb.com and he was asked who his favorite team was and he said "the White Sox" and the interviewer said, "but you're from Michigan, maybe your answer would be the Tigers if you were home?" and my grandson said "I am a White Sox fan!!!!!!!" and the intrviewer says, "how many times does he [me] bring you here" and the kid said, "not enough!."

If there were only words to say how good it is to be a Sox fan - just for the pure sheer joy of loving the Sox - I just laid there around 2 am and looked around at the park and me in the middle of it and knowing we had done this - I can't explain it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Barons do the same, only on a game night for Scouts. They have a night for Boy Scouts and a different one for Girl Scouts. Played the movie The Rookie this year, I believe. I have had some friends and their kids camp out and they love it.

Congratulations. You're a real fine Granpa. I know how excited I would have been at that age to experience something like that.

excted at his age? not as excited as me at my age!

it was the most magical evening - the Sox had to win last night because it was too perfect - and had to win today so we could keep the buzz going on the ride home -

always thought Field of Dreams was kind of sappy but to see those glorious 1917/1919 White Sox uniforms busting out of the cornfield on the Sox scoreboard while lying on the outfield grass at 1 am eating Connie's pizza - whoa!

The Barons do the same, only on a game night for Scouts.  They have a night for Boy Scouts and a different one for Girl Scouts.  Played the movie The Rookie this year, I believe.  I have had some friends and their kids camp out and they love it.

I am sure that is great - glad they do it!

A few months ago I posted about Comiskey being more familiar to me than my own living room - after an evening and night and morning of running all over the Cell and sleeping both in the outifeld and in the Club section - it makes it more a magical home than ever.

I cannot describe what it looks like when you lay on the grass and feel it and see it - the home of the Sox, my home - wow -

my grandkid says, "I want to do this every year!" I think he has damn good odds of that! :lol: :headbang

The Barons do the same, only on a game night for Scouts.  They have a night for Boy Scouts and a different one for Girl Scouts.  Played the movie The Rookie this year, I believe.  I have had some friends and their kids camp out and they love it.

The Edinburg Roadrunners just had their Boy Scout night Saturday with giant fireworks show and a win! Some great baseball. My favorite was a hit and run with the batter going opposite field to the hole when the 2nd baseman moved to cover 2nd. I love sound fundemental baseball. Worked just like a movie.

Congratulations cwsox! I am envious. I have a 20 month old granddaughter that puts my Sox hat on and runs around the house when she comes to visit "papa". I know you have a very special memory there with your grandson and Comiskey Park.

Just curious...how much does it cost and how many people were there?

289 - they did the guess the attendance quiz!

and $250 @

and cheap at that price

there is no way to put a price on what we experienced - 70 years from now when I am long dead and he is old he'll be tellig my great grandson about our night (our first annual night! ;) ) at Comiskey/the Cell -

Guest hotsoxchick1

cw .. gug called me the other nite while i was out of town and told me to turn on abc news real quick.. he saw you on the tv...were you doing an interview or what? i am sorry i missed it but where i was they dont get abc chicago news......glad you had a good time there........good thing you didnt get rained on......lol.......

wow!!!!!

we were interviewed, videotaped, filmed - you know what a charming and photogenic duo the kid and I make! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I wish I had a copy of the ABC thing - thanks for letting me know -

The kid wore a shirt featuring an exploding bat... :lol: :lol: :lol: :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

wow!!!!!

we were interviewed, videotaped, filmed - you know what a charming and photogenic duo the kid and I make!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: I wish I had a copy of the ABC thing - thanks for letting me know -

The kid wore a shirt featuring an exploding bat... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Get in touch with ABC they might give you a copy.

Guest hotsoxchick1
wow!!!!!

we were interviewed, videotaped, filmed - you know what a charming and photogenic duo the kid and I make!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: I wish I had a copy of the ABC thing - thanks for letting me know -

The kid wore a shirt featuring an exploding bat... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

ill ask my brother if he has anyone at abc and see if i can get you a copy of it ok.........ill be in touch.........

I'd love that - you should have seen him smile all day today - I was never more proud or happy to be a Sox fan -

if you could get a copy I'd so grateful, I am sitting here crying thinking about what a sweet thing that would be to have for him, that videotape - you should have seen him smile as he slept -

plus if you get me a copy, I'll tell everyone what each player has in the cubicle in the locker room - let me say, I was surprised! But no secrets spilled unless I get a copy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but let me say that the players didn't know we would be in the locker room so it was as they left it and a lot of personality secrets were revealed... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will say, I never saw so much hair gel in my life! :headbang :headbang :headbang and that is the most mild thing we discovered -

Guest hotsoxchick1
I'd love that - you should have seen him smile all day today - I was never more proud or happy to be a Sox fan -

if you could get a copy I'd so grateful, I am sitting here crying thinking about what a sweet thing that would be to have for him, that videotape - you should have seen him smile as he slept -

plus if you get me a copy, I'll tell everyone what each player has in the cubicle in the locker room -  let me say, I was surprised!  But no secrets spilled unless I get a copy!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: but let me say that the players didn't know we would be in the locker room so it was as they left it and a lot of personality secrets were revealed... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I will say, I never saw so much hair gel in my life!  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang and that is the most mild thing we discovered -

lol i know a few of those secrets... ;) its amazing what one will find sitting on a ledge of a locker isnt it????? lmao.......hope you didnt blush too much...... :D .... i just sent my bro a phone message... waiting on a return call.. hes doing the flubbies game tonite so it may be tomorrow before he calls back... but ill touch base with him and see what i can do for ya......... :) im glad your grandson had a wonderful time... its something he will remember forever..........your a good grandpa........

its amazing what one will find sitting on a ledge of a locker isnt it????? lmao.......

the kid cracked up as soon as we entered the locker room when he spied one item - then we checked each cubicle - hell, we wanted a total tour!!!!!! and we got it!!!!!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers

damned amazing what is found on a ledge of a locker!!!!! :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1

you did cover his eyes sometimes right?????? lol..... dont want him learning too much too fast ya know........ ;)

you did cover his eyes sometimes right?????? lol..... dont want him learning too much too fast ya know........ ;)

I was just about to ask how many pictures of naked chicks (Playboy usually, with some partially clad women from Maxim right behind) you saw?

Sounds like a great night, cw. My kids are just 5 and almost 4 now, but I hope the Sox keep the sleepover thing going long enough to get them out in sleeping bags in the outfield in a couple of years too.

The Devil Rays do scout sleepovers down here as well, but sleeping out under the dome just doesn't sound as much fun as being under the stars...

Guest hotsoxchick1
I was just about to ask how many pictures of naked chicks (Playboy usually, with some partially clad women from Maxim right behind) you saw?

lol rex.. lets just say i have seen enough of that locker room to know you cover a youngsters eyes from lookin on those ledges... sometimes..... ;) ....

Guest hotsoxchick1
That's why the Barons do tours going through the visiting clubhouse.  LOL

oh rex....but wheres the fun in that????? lol...

brando ... jose has so many family members and pics of them he needs two lockers lol lol lol.........no nasties in his locker.......and believe it or not frank has a few nice pics of his kids in his... its what is hidden behind those that will make ya blush.......... ;)