wsox08

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(G&T @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
It's not like the Astros are hitting hard line drives. Garland can't locate, he's walked 5 and they just get grounders in the hole and score runs.

Is Cintron not playing the right spot? Each of the hits went through just about the same spot between 1st and 2nd.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
Was Garland that bad or was there bad defense in the game or an ump that wasn't calling the low strike?

There have been 4 plays on defense now that SHOULD be made that werent that either kept the inning alive or allowed runners to advance to 3rd..

Garland has not thrown great but you cant tack this all on him, if those plays are made this game is nothing like it is now.. and they were plays that should be made, especially by Crede and Mack is just an embarassment out there in CF

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
Cintron had a 2-0 count and put a weak swing on the ball to advance the runner to 3rd.

It was a ground out. How is that playing for 1 run? Jim and Paulie were swinging for the fences.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:40 AM)
Garland is nibbling Jason.

Damn it. He was throwing so well the past couple outings too. I hope Ozzie actually leaves him out there and lets him get things figured out. Sometimes an outing liket his could be a lesson learned.

At the same time Ozzie may want to stop the bleeding if he fears it will set Garland back.

It was a ground out. How is that playing for 1 run? Jim and Paulie were swinging for the fences.

So you think that was a good 2-0 swing? I look at it as a bunt. He wasn't trying to do anything with that swing then hit a weak grounder to the right side.

Widger and Garland have not worked well together this year.

Against the Royals 4/7/06: 5.1 IP, 10 H, 9 ER, 3 BB, 6 K's

Against the Royals 4/18/06: 6.1 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K's

Against the Angels 4/30/06: 7 IP, 5 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, 2 K's

Against the Twins 5/12/06: 5.1 IP, 11 H, 7 ER, 2 BB's, 1 K

Against the A's 5/22/2006: 6.1 IP, 10 H, 4 ER, 2 BB's, 5 K's

so far today: 4 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 5 BB's, 2 K's

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
So you think that was a good 2-0 swing? I look at it as a bunt. He wasn't trying to do anything with that swing then hit a weak grounder to the right side.

I'm just wondering why you think that we were playing for 1 run in the 1st inning. You're basing it all on one weak swing by Cintron.