Great News regarding Dustin Hermanson

aboz56

From WhiteSox.com:

Hermanson is back throwing again at Catawba College in North Carolina, continuing extended Spring Training. The right-hander, who saved 34 for the White Sox in 2005, told Williams he's going to be back some time in July.

"When I asked him whether he was taking his wife down to Charlotte with him for his rehab and he said, 'No, she's just going to meet me in Chicago,'" said Williams of Hermanson. "So, he's fully intent on getting back and helping the ballclub.

"Fortunately, we'll be in a position by the time he does get back here where there's another quality guy. He won't necessarily have to assume late inning bullpen duties. He can be at the front of the bullpen and I think that's a pretty good luxury."

Hermanson still has to prove his recovery during game situations, where the right-hander found problems during Spring Training.

YASNY, Hermy may be done in Chicago. I think it's going to boil down to Politte or Hermanson being trade bait for some team thinking they can win their division or in desperate need of relief help. I like them both though and if they can come back and be consistently good I am all for them being on the team.

Hermanson said he was feeling great going into spring training. I'm not holding my breath. If he does somehow return, I really doubt he would be effective. I congratulate and thank him for his efforts last year, and give him credit for putting up the effort this season. A lesser man would have just taken his money and gone home.

I won't get excited about Dustin until I see him pitch healthy a few times in a Sox uniform. I still believe he's done but hopefully I'm wrong. It will be very interesting though if he tries to come back because then he might just have to take Politte's spot.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 07:19 AM)
I guess I will be cautiously optimistic...

Thats about the first time Hermy has had a really positive sounding outlook in some time, which is a big positive, but I'm still going to wait and see what happens.

If thats the case he's going to need to start pitching somewhere really soon (rehab stint time).

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 09:20 AM)
I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I believe Dustin is done.

Hermy is done, all it will take it one more game situation to prove it though. He is not needed with the aqusition of Riske. Trade bait, or nothing at all.