Tiger Watch - Official Thread

hi8is

QUOTE(Dawgs @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
:bringit Its called destiny. You guys should know a bit about it.

And the White Sox are still a much better team than the Tigers. Once the Tigers start playing real baseball teams again, they'll lose. They are just great at beating bad teams, so I give them that.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 02:55 AM)
Apparently, people don't realize when someone is trying to get them riled up.

LMAO.

I'd say everyone who's read this thread, as well as your previous posts on this site, would think you're being 100 pct serious.

I'd say everyone who's read this thread, as well as your previous posts on this site, would think you're being 100 pct serious.

I must say, I had everyone going about how Garland was the best pitcher on this team. Including you Fathom.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 02:55 AM)
Go AL Central!

6.5 game lead on the Wild Card!

Thanks for posting that number. I think some people forget about it, but it's definitely a pleasant thought. Of course, I'd rather the Sox win the Central. However, it's nice having a 6.5 lead for the playoffs.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
And the White Sox are still a much better team than the Tigers. Once the Tigers start playing real baseball teams again, they'll lose. They are just great at beating bad teams, so I give them that.

Last I checked, St. Louis isn't that bad a team. Sure it may look it the way you guys destroyed them, but they're better then you may think.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
Go AL Central!

6.5 game lead on the Wild Card!

Hell yah. I'd much rather have the Tigers in there than the other of the Yanks or Red Sox. More fun to watch and an easier road as well.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
Last I checked, St. Louis isn't that bad a team. Sure it may look it the way you guys destroyed them, but they're better then you may think.

They will complete an 0-6 road trip tomorrow, and have a losing record against the Cubs. Their record is entirely due to their league, they are average AT VERY MOST.

Okay expert. Are you ever going to let us know where the other message board that you "frequent" is?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:55 PM)

Youre in denial. And in for a fight. All season.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 02:57 AM)

This current Cardinals team is awful. However, I wouldn't put a lot of thought into people b****ing about how the Tigers aren't playing legit teams. The Sox have actually had an easier schedule this year.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)

Agreed. Fact is that both the Sox and Tigers are playing some really awesome baseball these days.

I never saw this post you're referring to regarding Garland.

It wasn't one post. It was a number of posts spread out over weeks. It sure was funny watching peoples reactions.

QUOTE(Dawgs @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)

I agree the tigers are much improved and will hang, but they havent faired well against the sox which will come back to haunt them

QUOTE(Dawgs @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)

Not unless you win 105 games, because that is about where we will finish. And if you do, it's just a battle for who has home field and who has the wild card. I'm not in denial, but you are for thinking the Tigers can do this all year. Your inability to beat us will haunt you at the end of the year, so enjoy your 1/2 game lead right now as you play a bit over your heads.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
This current Cardinals team is awful. However, I wouldn't put a lot of thought into people b****ing about how the Tigers aren't playing legit teams. The Sox have actually had an easier schedule this year.

This Cardinals team really is awful.. the management took a big ol s*** in the offseason but if this is horrible.. I imagine the rest of the NL is worse than horrible.. take a look sometime..

The Mets and Cards are the best the NL has to offer and that's not saying anything..

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:59 PM)
I agree the tigers are much improved and will hang, but they havent faired well against the sox which will come back to haunt them

This is true and there are a ton of games left between them. These two teams are pushing each other. And thats just as good for the Sox as it is for the Tigers.

In the meantime the NL Central is the AL Centrals b****.

This Cardinals team really is awful.. the management took a big ol s*** in the offseason but if this is horrible.. I imagine the rest of the NL is worse than horrible.. take a look sometime..

The Mets and Cards are the best the NL has to offer and that's not saying anything..

No, this can't be true. Tigerfan said that you aren't that bad of a team. And Tigerfan knows everything.

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)

The Mets are the only NL team that doesn't suck, as they have a good bullpen, an actual lineup 1-8, and get good starting pitching including 2 aces. Every other team in the NL has gaping holes, and I still question just how good the Mets even are.

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 03:00 AM)

I've seen a ton of Cards games this year, and they're basically a 3 player team (Pujols, Rolen, and Carpenter).

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
The Tigers aren't going to lose four key pitchers in the middle of the season. Look, this Detroit team is good, in my mind there is no doubt that we are better but these guys are going to hang around for a while.

Agree...I do not understand all this the Tigers are not that good...blah blah blah. Stats don't lie and they look a lot like we did last year. Sure I think that the Sox are better up and down and we have proved that when we play them, but by no means are the Kitties going to fold up and go home.