Tiger Watch - Official Thread

hi8is

Keep in mind we still have 13 games left against you. I somehow doubt our head to head record will look like it does right now at season's end.

You're right. It will probably be 15-4.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
This Cardinals team really is awful.. the management took a big ol s*** in the offseason but if this is horrible.. I imagine the rest of the NL is worse than horrible.. take a look sometime..

The Mets and Cards are the best the NL has to offer and that's not saying anything..

I dont' think the hitting will be that bad here on out, especially in the NL, but man I'd be woried about your pitching.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
Keep in mind we still have 13 games left against you. I somehow doubt our head to head record will look like it does right now at season's end.

Well we went 14-5 against Cleveland last year, and to do that against the Tigers this year we'd need to finish up 9-4. I'll say the teams play even and say we finish 7-6, but that means the Sox win the season series 12-7, and that 5 games of ground we gain would be a huge difference.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
Agree...I do not understand all this the Tigers are not that good...blah blah blah. Stats don't lie and they look a lot like we did last year. Sure I think that the Sox are better up and down and we have proved that when we play them, but by no means are the Kitties going to fold up and go home.

The Tigers are a very good team and won't fold. Heck, in fact I think they will win the Wild Card.....however if they plan on winning the Central they are going to have to win 100 games, and I would be shocked if they are capable of doing that. And hey if they do, we'll see them in the ALCS (and that's possible too).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
The Tigers are a very good team and won't fold. Heck, in fact I think they will win the Wild Card.....however if they plan on winning the Central they are going to have to win 100 games, and I would be shocked if they are capable of doing that. And hey if they do, we'll see them in the ALCS (and that's possible too).

Well they are half way there with 87 still to play. 50-37 puts them at 100. Conversely, the Sox also have to win 100, something they didnt do last year.

Detroit WILL suffer deadarm later this year, esp with Verlander. I'm sure of it. Unless you are a total freak, which he may be, you don't go from 130 innings in one year to 200 without a hiccup.

Of course, I've said this maybe 10 times now, but I stand by it.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
Detroit WILL suffer deadarm later this year, esp with Verlander. I'm sure of it. Unless you are a total freak, which he may be, you don't go from 130 innings in one year to 200 without a hiccup.

Of course, I've said this maybe 10 times now, but I stand by it.

And don't forget Kenny "I fall off the map the second half of the season with struggles" Rogers. The Tigers will keep it close but I think they'll take the WC from one of the over-rated AL East teams.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
35 guests? TIGERS FANS: Register! We won't bite!

Well some of us do ;). Agreed though, if any Tiger fans want to bring some intelligent conversation here then you're very welcome.

Edited by Rowand44

OK, I'm going to look up the 2nd half ERA's in the past three years for each pitcher on the Tigers....I don't know what this will look like, but I'm going to keep updating this post as I look at each one....

Fernando Rodney 3.48

Jamie Walker 4.10

Todd Jones 4.55

Roman Colon 4.79

Kenny Rogers 4.80

Jeremy Bonderman 5.13

Mike Maroth 5.15

Nate Robertson 5.69

Jason Grilli 6.34

Justin Verlander 7.50

Zach Miner ---

Joel Zumaya ---

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 09:14 PM)
How can we win 9 in a row and be in second place?

The Tigers are annoying.

How do the Tigers win 50 of their first 75 and still only have a half game lead in the standings. That's GOT to be frustrating.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
Well some of us do ;). Agreed though, if any Tiger fans want to bring some intelligent conversation here then you're very welcome.

Problem is they all wont, and it could eventually be a problem.. which it is at most boards where they allow other teams fans to join an converce.. especially since both of us have different views obviously and then when one doesnt agree with another, itll be a lot of work for the mods :chair

How do the Tigers win 50 of their first 75 and still only have a half game lead in the standings. That's GOT to be frustrating.

True, but I find it hard to believe one manager has made all this difference

for the Tigers. Leyland has done this.

I still take our team but we should be 5-6 games up after winning 9 in a row.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
True, but I find it hard to believe one manager has made all this difference

for the Tigers. Leyland has done this.

I still take our team but we should be 5-6 games up after winning 9 in a row.

No need to worry. We'll be where we are supposed to be at the end of the year.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
OK, I'm going to look up the 2nd half ERA's in the past three years for each pitcher on the Tigers....I don't know what this will look like, but I'm going to keep updating this post as I look at each one....

Fernando Rodney 3.48

Jamie Walker 4.10

Todd Jones 4.55

Roman Colon 4.79

Kenny Rogers 4.80

Jeremy Bonderman 5.13

Mike Maroth 5.15

Nate Robertson 5.69

Jason Grilli 6.34

Justin Verlander 7.50

Zach Miner ---

Joel Zumaya ---

Done.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:21 PM)
No need to worry. We'll be where we are supposed to be at the end of the year.

You're my nominee for POTFY (Post of the f***in' Year).

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
Done.

So I take it that you're suggesting that we should be very worried...