Tiger Watch - Official Thread

hi8is

I'd say that's accurate statement.

You guys want to explain what you're talking about? Are you saying the moderators are going to ban me? I won't keep posting? What? The White Socks are going to get better? Seriously, I'm curious about the all star break thing.....

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ViperPilot @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
You guys want to explain what you're talking about? Are you saying the moderators are going to ban me? I won't keep posting? What? The White Socks are going to get better? Seriously, I'm curious about the all star break thing.....

Yes, they are saying that if you keep up posting in a poor fashion, moderators will suspend your posting abilities.

Yes, they are saying that if you keep up posting in a poor fashion, moderators will suspend your posting abilities.

Thanks.....All I'm doing is throwing a little trash towards Guillen in good fun here, guys....I can't really believe I'd get banned for saying "Guillen's ugly mug"......are we not allowed to have fun and talk a little trash...it's not like I was swearing or ranting or threatening anyone......

QUOTE(ViperPilot @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
Thanks.....All I'm doing is throwing a little trash towards Guillen in good fun here, guys....I can't really believe I'd get banned for saying "Guillen's ugly mug"......are we not allowed to have fun and talk a little trash...it's not like I was swearing or ranting or threatening anyone......

I put the over/under on by the time home run derby starts.

Edited by southsideirish71

Your not getting banded. However, this is 1st and foremost a WHITE SOX message board. Coming here, being OUR guest, talking down to White Sox organization isn't going to work.

I'm not talking down to anyone here, guys......geez......I didn't realize CWS fans were so sensitive.....after lurking on these boards for several months, and watching how some of you guys talk back and forth, especially some of the game day threads, I figured some good natured ribbing wouldn't have such a reaction......I am the last guy to come in and bash another team....being a Tigers fan, I can hardly say we've had the right over the last few decades.....I was just throwing a little crap around in good fun.....I really can't believe you guys would be so sensitive.........where I come from, when you show that you can't take a little crap thrown your way, it only invites more........hell, I hope we can continue this back and forth the rest of the year....pushing each other all the way through Sept...because I'd like nothing more than for the CWS AND the Tigers to make the playoffs......I'd love to make some popcorn, grab a beer (or 10) and watch Steinbrenner blow his top after he doesn't make the playoffs.....

Again, maybe you all misinterpreted my intentions with the posts....or maybe it was I who misinterpreted the toughness of the hide of White Sox fans....I hope it's the former rather than the later.....

QUOTE(ViperPilot @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
I'm not talking down to anyone here, guys......geez......I didn't realize CWS fans were so sensitive.....after lurking on these boards for several months, and watching how some of you guys talk back and forth, especially some of the game day threads, I figured some good natured ribbing wouldn't have such a reaction......I am the last guy to come in and bash another team....being a Tigers fan, I can hardly say we've had the right over the last few decades.....I was just throwing a little crap around in good fun.....I really can't believe you guys would be so sensitive.........where I come from, when you show that you can't take a little crap thrown your way, it only invites more........hell, I hope we can continue this back and forth the rest of the year....pushing each other all the way through Sept...because I'd like nothing more than for the CWS AND the Tigers to make the playoffs......I'd love to make some popcorn, grab a beer (or 10) and watch Steinbrenner blow his top after he doesn't make the playoffs.....

Again, maybe you all misinterpreted my intentions with the posts....or maybe it was I who misinterpreted the toughness of the hide of White Sox fans....I hope it's the former rather than the later.....

It's not always so easy to interpret someone's intentions when it's their first post on the board. There's nothing at all wrong with some good natured ribbing between fans of rival teams. It would not be the first time a fan of another team has registered here for the sole purpose of ripping on the Sox. As long as your intentions are good, there shouldn't be a problem.

It's not always so easy to interpret someone's intentions when it's their first post on the board. There's nothing at all wrong with some good natured ribbing between fans of rival teams. It would not be the first time a fan of another team has registered here for the sole purpose of ripping on the Sox. As long as your intentions are good, there shouldn't be a problem.

I assure you, they are.......doesn't mean I won't throw some crap your way, but it won't be in poor taste or demeaning..... :bang

QUOTE(ViperPilot @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
I assure you, they are.......doesn't mean I won't throw some crap your way, but it won't be in poor taste or demeaning..... :bang

You should be aware that we have a rookie hazing policy. In order to post anything close to poor taste or demeaning, we'll need a picture of you in a sexy bikini. Unless of course, that would be in poor taste or demeaning.

You should be aware that we have a rookie hazing policy. In order to post anything close to poor taste or demeaning, we'll need a picture of you in a sexy bikini. Unless of course, that would be in poor taste or demeaning.

LOL.....now that WOULD be demeaning....to anyone who witnessed such those photos.....

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
About the last post, I think you just concentrate on making the playoffs any way possible whether it may be by winning the Wild Card or the division. But I think that poster pointed out the September 1st date because if I remember correctly we have a pretty tough schedule in August and a much easier September. If we can hold on to the division lead through August, I think we have a great shot at holding on the rest of the year because of how we've beaten up on the bad teams all season.

Who the f*** cares? If the Sox get hot, they are the best team in the majors by far. It's a f***ing month.

If come late September, the Sox are eliminated from the AL Central race, you then concentrate on getting the Wild Card.

Also...

(1)What do all the Sox fans who were crying about the fact that you percieved that the Tigers couldn't beat good teams have to say now that you have put in 2 pretty bad efforts against the Red Sox? (2)Maybe your starting pitching will really hurt you against good teams?

1. That your ass won't last past next week

2. I would have to sa...sorry, what, I can't read the rest of that, there's a World Series ring in my line of sight

Betancourt went into a home run trot and was pointing into the dugout....unfortunately for him it was a routine fly ball.

Edit: Also, lol at some of the Sox fans, you guys are a great team, relax and enjoy it. All the same, I think you've been hot almost all season and you still don't have the best record in your division, I'm not saying that you won't sometime soon, but it's pretty silly to say you're the best team by far.

Edited by loltrain

QUOTE(loltrain @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
Betancourt went into a home run trot and was pointing into the dugout....unfortunately for him it was a routine fly ball.

Edit: Also, lol at some of the Sox fans, you guys are a great team, relax and enjoy it. All the same, I think you've been hot almost all season and you still don't have the best record in your division, I'm not saying that you won't sometime soon, but it's pretty silly to say you're the best team by far.

Not true. The Sox have many wins but they haven't been hot. In fact, I'd say it's a surprise they've won so many games with as bad as their pitching has been at times, both bullpen and starting.

If Coop can get Vazquez and Garland pitching near their capabilities, then the team would be primed for a hot streak. I've already given up on Garcia since he's lost velocity on his fastball and doesn't have the makeup to become a dominant finesse pitcher.

Edited by shoota

QUOTE(loltrain @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)

4.13 bullpen ERA

4.56 starter ERA

3.23 bullpen ERA

3.75 starter ERA

The pitching has been piss and vinegar all year, as opposed to last year. The offense has been friggin stellar, I'm not questioning that. When you're pitching has been as bad as the Sox has been, you're lucky to be 25 games over .500.