Tiger Watch - Official Thread

hi8is

Darn it!! The Tigers pulled it out. I still don't think the Tigers will hold together the entire season.

I think they will win around 95 games--maybe a few more--maybe a few less. It's up to the Sox to make sure they take care of business and win the head to heads against the Tigers.

It's going to be a great divisional race, and this Sox team seems invincible right now, but a key injury or unforseen problem could quickly make things very interesting.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 11:25 AM)
July 18th, you guys do have internet access, don't you? :P

LOL

I wonder the same thing sometimes especially when posting in game threads. People asking what the score is or for a particular stat for a player.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
And the White Sox are still a much better team than the Tigers. Once the Tigers start playing real baseball teams again, they'll lose. They are just great at beating bad teams, so I give them that.

I would have no issues with the Sox finishing with the best record in baseball and the Tigers taking the wild card.

After watching the Pistons, Wings, and Colts all finish with the best record in their respective leagues, only to fail when it counts, it seems a pattern has devolped in the other leagues that may soon happen in MLB. First place, nor the best record, means anything when the wild card is in play.

Edited by Hurons

QUOTE(Hurons @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
I would have no issues with the Sox finishing with the best record in baseball and the Tigers taking the wild card.

After watching the Pistons, Wings, and Colts all finish with the best record in their respective leagues, only to fail when it counts, it seems a pattern has devolped in the other leagues that may soon happen in MLB. First place, nor the best record, means anything when the wild card is in play.

Yes, this is perfectly logical reasoning. It happened recently in other pro sports therefor it will happen in baseball.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)
Yes, this is perfectly logical reasoning. It happened recently in other pro sports therefor it will happen in baseball.

Espacially considering who had the best record in the league (AL at least) and how they did in the postseason.

QUOTE(Hurons @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:05 PM)
You will see it and thus you wont doubt it. Incredible

Did he charge a ball from second, stumble while fielding it, turn completely to his side then make the throw to first while parellell to the ground?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)
Did he charge a ball from second, stumble while fielding it, turn completely to his side then make the throw to first while parellell to the ground?

You beat me. I was going to say "Have you seen any Tadahito Iguchi highlights?"

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
Can't you just tell me what he did? :huh

He made a Brooks Robinson play to take away a sure double.

Ball was scorched down the third base line. Inge dove across the foul line snagged the ball and turned on his knees and threw a strike to first.

EDIT. He just robbed Pujols of a double and saved a run...Geez he is on today.

A few comments on the first play from the Tigers board:

58856. BEST PLAY I'VE EVER SEEN

by OwenWilson2, 6/25/06 14:00 ET

Seriously. WOW

58855. What F*&^king play

by Fannexile, 6/25/06 13:59 ET

58852. BINGE!!!!

by RPMadMSU, 6/25/06 13:59 ET

THat was a web gem!

Edited by Hurons

QUOTE(Hurons @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
He made a Brooks Robinson play to take away a sure double.

Ball was scorched down the third base line. Inge dove across the foul line snagged the ball and turned on his knees and threw a strike to first.

Probably nothing Joe Crede hasn't done. Actually, Crede probably would have not had to throw off his knee's with his cat-like reflexes at 3rd. :)

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
Probably nothing Joe Crede hasn't done. Actually, Crede probably would have not had to throw off his knee's with his cat-like reflexes at 3rd. :)

sure....but that takes nothing away of what Inge is doing.

QUOTE(Hurons @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
sure....but that takes nothing away of what Inge is doing.

Hes done well at third for a converted catcher, no doubt. I'm just trying to figure out why I'm supposed to care! :P

QUOTE(Hurons @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
A few comments on the first play from the Tigers board:

58856. BEST PLAY I'VE EVER SEEN

by OwenWilson2, 6/25/06 14:00 ET

Seriously. WOW

58855. What F*&^king play

by Fannexile, 6/25/06 13:59 ET

58852. BINGE!!!!

by RPMadMSU, 6/25/06 13:59 ET

THat was a web gem!

:lol: I'm sorry but that adds no credibility to the play. OwenWilson2? :lol:

It's a message board. I wouldn't expect them to say "Well, he mad a routine play look hard." :Waits for fathom to chime in and say just that:

But I haven't seen the play yet so, whatever.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(TheHolyBovine @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
So, where have all you boisterous Tiger fans been the past 20 years?

Same place the sox fans were since when...1908...until last year. I came across this board last night and saw a post asking Tiger fans to register...so I did. I do not consider myself boisterous at all. If I come across that way so be it. I will gladly fade to black and you can have your precious pro sox board free and clear of competitors boisterous fans. A thread pops up that says Die Tigers and you dont expect a least a few posts abbout the Tigers from their fans?