9-Game Winning Streak

shoota

I'm glad the Sox were finally able to win 9 straight after not being able to get past 8 consecutive wins the past two years, but should it count?

8 of the 9 wins came against the inferior National League, which isn't even in the same league as the Sox--literally.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)
I'm glad the Sox were finally able to win 9 straight after not being able to get past 8 consecutive wins the past two years, but should it count?

8 of the 9 wins came against the inferior National League, which isn't even in the same league as the Sox--literally.

How much thought did you put into this topic?

Baseball's a funny game. The NL could somehow win the all star game and

get homefield advantage. The Mets or Cards might get hot at the right time

in postseason and win it all. The NL really should add the DH though. The AL

is much better right now, like you said.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)

Why do you start these (insert insensitive comment here) threads?

QUOTE(jenksd @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
dasfjaoshnasfnu4wjur3489-uwhy9fchyhyc97yh7uc3hyWFHY&3w9wuhfo9awhyuahufh7yau7fawhyu7fhyawu7hfwayfu7f-hawyfahy-hyuawfhufyo9uuzshnjzsnh lv[puio4hy

that's my opinion

Totally agree.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:41 PM)
um yes it counts. Did we only go 7-1 in the playoffs last year because we swept an inferior National League team?

7-1? i'm trying to figure out what this is referring to...is that "up until" the world series? or what is this? it was obviously 11-1 after it...so we were 11-1 in the playoffs, not 7-1...typo?

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 11:32 AM)
7-1? i'm trying to figure out what this is referring to...is that "up until" the world series? or what is this? it was obviously 11-1 after it...so we were 11-1 in the playoffs, not 7-1...typo?

He said 7-1 because the Sox went 7-1 against the AL in the playoffs. They went 11-1 overall, but 4 of those wins were against the "inferior National League".

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 11:05 AM)
He said 7-1 because the Sox went 7-1 against the AL in the playoffs. They went 11-1 overall, but 4 of those wins were against the "inferior National League".

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I made it clear myself but I probably worded it weird.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)

Shoota, would you please stop posing as a Sox fan and go back to the board you came from. http://northsidebaseball.com/

Edited by Jordan4life_2006