ok so how did we really do in LA?

Guest hotsoxchick1

indy look above i just told ya who he is.........pitcher, double A, from isu...currently on the dl.........get with the program here indy......lol...... :lol:

ok.... i am a little slow.... i will get with the program.... however.... is this guy supposed to be the next jon garland? ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
ok.... i am a little slow.... i will get with the program.... however.... is this guy supposed to be the next jon garland? ;)

good gosh i hope not..........i would rather him be the next pedro martinez, roger clemens, curt schilling, randy johnson bart colon, hell anyone but garland.....lol......but we will see.......he is pretty good though.....

good gosh i hope not..........i would rather him be the next pedro martinez, roger clemens, curt schilling, randy johnson bart colon, hell anyone but garland.....lol......but we will see.......he is pretty good though.....

i dont know.... i cant see anyway to fit :P another good arm into this rotation.....

No one is predicting anything at this point for Cotts. But a little background will allow you to make your own assertions.

Cotts was a 2nd round draft pick of the A's out of Illinois State in 2001. He is 23 and in his first year of AA. Neal was traded to the Sox in the Billy Koch-Keith Foulke trade.

Neal is currently 7-2 with a 2.11 ERA with the Barons. He has some crazy numbers in regards to hits/IP and K/IP, but his walk totals are way too high. He goes too deep into counts with hitters and as a result has high pitch counts which prevents him from going deep into his starts. He has very good stuff, yet is not overpowering with speed. He knows how to pitch and moves the ball in and out, up and down and keeps hitters off balance. He often freezes hitters and gets strikeouts looking just by throwing the right pitch in the right location.

If he learns to become more efficient in getting hitters out, he has a chance to be a very good Major League pitcher. I have seen him in several starts and can say that it can be alternately frustrating him walk guys and then a pleaure to see how he dissects hitters. The walks will have to be reduced to continue to get hitters out at higher levels though.

He is currently on the DL for shoulder stiffness and is only expected to miss 1 start, I believe.

Hope that helps.

No one is predicting anything at this point for Cotts.  But a little background will allow you to make your own assertions.

Cotts was a 2nd round draft pick of the A's out of Illinois State in 2001.  He is 23 and in his first year of AA.  Neal was traded to the Sox in the Billy Koch-Keith Foulke trade.

Neal is currently 7-2 with a 2.11 ERA with the Barons.  He has some crazy numbers in regards to hits/IP and K/IP, but his walk totals are way too high.  He goes too deep into counts with hitters and as a result has high pitch counts which prevents him from going deep into his starts.  He has very good stuff, yet is not overpowering with speed.  He knows how to pitch and moves the ball in and out, up and down and keeps hitters off balance.  He often freezes hitters and gets strikeouts looking just by throwing the right pitch in the right location. 

If he learns to become more efficient in getting hitters out, he has a chance to be a very good Major League pitcher.  I have seen him in several starts and can say that it can be alternately frustrating him walk guys and then a pleaure to see how he dissects hitters.  The walks will have to be reduced to continue to get hitters out at higher levels though. 

He is currently on the DL for shoulder stiffness and is only expected to miss 1 start, I believe. 

Hope that helps.

so... we might bring this guy up as a middle reliever....i would hate to see rick out of a job

No one is predicting anything at this point for Cotts.  But a little background will allow you to make your own assertions.

Cotts was a 2nd round draft pick of the A's out of Illinois State in 2001.  He is 23 and in his first year of AA.  Neal was traded to the Sox in the Billy Koch-Keith Foulke trade.

Neal is currently 7-2 with a 2.11 ERA with the Barons.  He has some crazy numbers in regards to hits/IP and K/IP, but his walk totals are way too high.  He goes too deep into counts with hitters and as a result has high pitch counts which prevents him from going deep into his starts.  He has very good stuff, yet is not overpowering with speed.  He knows how to pitch and moves the ball in and out, up and down and keeps hitters off balance.  He often freezes hitters and gets strikeouts looking just by throwing the right pitch in the right location. 

If he learns to become more efficient in getting hitters out, he has a chance to be a very good Major League pitcher.  I have seen him in several starts and can say that it can be alternately frustrating him walk guys and then a pleaure to see how he dissects hitters.  The walks will have to be reduced to continue to get hitters out at higher levels though. 

Hope that helps.

so... we might bring this guy up as a middle reliever....i would hate to see rick out of a job

I believe Cotts future is as a starter and I will not likely be this season. Possibly not even next year. Th ough it is possible to bring him up in Buehrle-like fashion. I just don't think they will until he works on lowering his walk totals.

Hope that helps.

I believe Cotts future is as a starter and I will not likely be this season. Possibly not even next year. Th ough it is possible to bring him up in Buehrle-like fashion. I just don't think they will until he works on lowering his walk totals.

well... heres to the future. :cheers

Additional numbers for Cotts:

38 hits allowed in 59 2/3 innings.

85 strikeouts in 59 2/3 innings.

37 walks allowed in 59 2/3 innings.

Only 2 Hr allowed

.181 opponents average

Only 3 of his 12 starts have lasted gone 6 innings or longer with 6 2/3 being the longest.

There you have it, the good and the bad.

HSC, did you get to see Neal Cotts???  If so, please comment!!!

Oh, and the Sox just flat out did better than the Dodgers this weekend.  Friday was a pretty gutless effort, especially frustrating in the late innings; however, Saturday and Sunday especially more than made up for it.  I'm becoming more convinced that Loaiza's God and that Frank might very well turn it around and that Carlos is gonna continue being a key player.

no cotts heather... so cant comment....sorry.........

Cotts is on the DL.

I know that!!! I'm probably one of the closest Neal Cotts followers here, since there's a lot of meaning that he bears for me personally, as I had the pleasure of seeing him pitch in college. I didn't ask if she saw him pitch...Just if she saw him. You can be on the DL and sit in the stands the last time I checked.

Oh, and the Sox just flat out did better than the Dodgers this weekend.  Friday was a pretty gutless effort, especially frustrating in the late innings; however, Saturday and Sunday especially more than made up for it.  I'm becoming more convinced that Loaiza's God and that Frank might very well turn it around and that Carlos is gonna continue being a key player.

Cotts is on the DL.

I know that!!! I'm probably one of the closest Neal Cotts followers here, since there's a lot of meaning that he bears for me personally, as I had the pleasure of seeing him pitch in college. I didn't ask if she saw him pitch...Just if she saw him. You can be on the DL and sit in the stands the last time I checked.

ahhh someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed :D

Heather, when Jason and I were sitting in out seats, there was this girl just screaming for "El Caballo" and "Go Carlos!" he said, "Hey it's Heather!" :D Her voice was really shrill and annoying so we know it couldn't have been you....

Guest hotsoxchick1

Cotts is on the DL.

well heather actually i wasnt lookin for him.... so no i didnt see him.. i had my eyes elsewhere..........sorry........had i known you wanted me to seek him out i would have for you.......... :D