Kenny's thoughts on Ozzie and possible consequences

WSoxMatt

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2499675

..."The simple fact is we have seen this movie before," Williams told ESPN in his first public remarks on the situation. "If it continues on, the likelihood [increases] that … maybe one day I'll have to walk into the office and deliver some bad news and announce a new manager. That's just the reality of the situation."

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
Posturing by KW to finally get Ozzie to back down a bit and keep his mouth shut for a while.

That's ALL this is.

Kenny does not posture, so Ozzie better STFU becuase Kenny will do it, and he'd hate to as much as we'd hate to see it.

Oz just needs to realize he can't trust the writers anymore.

They will be out to get him from now on.

He can still be funny and drop the F bomb. He just can't say anything

more about women or other minorities.

It's obvious he's joked with them a lot and now he'll just have to cuss

away with no more jokes.

Jeez, this thread is actually pretty interesting, lets try and talk about that and not piss all over each other.

I was hoping for some good discussion about what KW said, because I think it's pretty damn clear that he's tired of Ozzie's mouth, and if Ozzie doesn't stop making the organization look like chickens***, he's going to make a change regardless of the team's performance.

I heard KW's interview on WSCR the other night, and he sounded like a tired man: tired of defending Ozzie, tired of hearing his mouth go off. He said that he loved Ozzie like a brother, but that Ozzie is walking down a path of ruin.

I think KW is the only man Ozzie respects enough in the organization (him and JR maybe) to listen to, and an intervention is needed. Ozzie's interview about "getting nasty with the media" and refusing to go to sensitive training just confirms that fact.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
Jeez, this thread is actually pretty interesting, lets try and talk about that and not piss all over each other.

I was hoping for some good discussion about what KW said, because I think it's pretty damn clear that he's tired of Ozzie's mouth, and if Ozzie doesn't stop making the organization look like chickens***, he's going to make a change regardless of the team's performance.

I heard KW's interview on WSCR the other night, and he sounded like a tired man: tired of defending Ozzie, tired of hearing his mouth go off. He said that he loved Ozzie like a brother, but that Ozzie is walking down a path of ruin.

I think KW is the only man Ozzie respects enough in the organization (him and JR maybe) to listen to, and an intervention is needed. Ozzie's interview about "getting nasty with the media" and refusing to go to sensitive training just confirms that fact.

Well, even though I dont think itll happen.. it would be a huge mistake to axe him anytime soon, I think it would hurt the team.. if anything ide wait till the season is over, but even then, who the hell would we get to replace him? Dusty Baker might be out there

I dont think Ozzie is making the organization look "chickens***."

I've heard a lot of announcers say Oz has a big heart, like Piniella and that other

guy on the broadcast today.

KW is the one who should shut up and let Oz be Oz.

Oz I have a feeling has learned he can't trust the writers anymore and will be fine.

He doesn't need KW mouthing off.

Also it's up to Reinsdorf not KW and Jerry hates Mariotti as much as Oz.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)
I dont think Ozzie is making the organization look "chickens***."

I've heard a lot of announcers say Oz has a big heart, like Piniella and that other

guy on the broadcast today.

KW is the one who should shut up and let Oz be Oz.

Oz I have a feeling has learned he can't trust the writers anymore and will be fine.

He doesn't need KW mouthing off.

Also it's up to Reinsdorf not KW and Jerry hates Mariotti as much as Oz.

Kenny's doing the right thing here. He's trying to reign Ozzie in before Ozzie says something that demands a dismissal. Think Al Campanis, Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder, Rush Limbaugh.

I don't want a change made yet, and Ozzie would have to completely explode for me to ever want him gone--but if it does happen--Joey Cora is quietly waiting in the wings, and I think he'd make a fine manager.

JR loves loyalty and rewards it as well, so I don't think it's that unrealistic they would give the keys to Cora.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
I can see Ozzie quiting over this. If that happens Kenny Williams will not make it to next week alive. Ozzie is bigger than Kenny will ever be. I wish we had a new gm. Maybe If Ozzie quits and Gio turns out to be a complete stud, I will get my f***ing wish.

Remember kids, don't drink and drive.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 04:11 AM)
I can see Ozzie quiting over this. If that happens Kenny Williams will not make it to next week alive. Ozzie is bigger than Kenny will ever be. I wish we had a new gm. Maybe If Ozzie quits and Gio turns out to be a complete stud, I will get my f***ing wish.

KW had just as much, if not more, to do with the Sox winning the WS last year. If Ozzie doesn't shut his mouth and keeps acting ignorant, then I'll have no complaints if KW/JR show him the door. Ozzie might be funny and charismatic, but he needs to realize he's in a high-profile position, and with that position becomes responsibilities on and OFF the field.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
KW had just as much, if not more, to do with the Sox winning the WS last year. If Ozzie doesn't shut his mouth and keeps acting ignorant, then I'll have no complaints if KW/JR show him the door. Ozzie might be funny and charismatic, but he needs to realize he's in a high-profile position, and with that position becomes responsibilities on and OFF the field.

all we do is f***ing win with OZZIE. Kenny should have kept this private. Kenny brings in good chemistry guys, but he, himself is a f***ing bad apple. He needs to go. I'm tired of him trying to get his name in the headlines.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 04:16 AM)
all we do is f***ing win with OZZIE. Kenny should have kept this private. Kenny brings in good chemistry guys, but he, himself is a f***ing bad apple. He needs to go. I'm tired of him trying to get his name in the headlines.

Yep, I'm sure that KW went out on his own and made this statement. If you don't believe that he's speaking for the entire organization, then you don't know how the Sox organization works.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)

We win on the nights hes been suspended this year too, if that means anything.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
Remember kids, don't drink and drive.

Last time I buy you booze. You will just have to wait until your 21. So now take your Huffy and have fun with your friends tonight.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:17 PM)
We win on the nights hes been suspended this year too, if that means anything.

Oh s*** you're right. You must have just heard about that too, doesn't it take a few days for the media feed to get to Iowa? :lol: ;)

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:17 PM)
Yep, I'm sure that KW went out on his own and made this statement. If you don't believe that he's speaking for the entire organization, then you don't know how the Sox organization works.

Bulls***. Kenny is a power ridden ***

Wow, KW has had much more to do with the Sox' success than Guillen.

Good post Fathom.