Kenny's thoughts on Ozzie and possible consequences

WSoxMatt

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:19 PM)
I think you guys bashing Kenny are all wrong here. What Kenny is trying to is PREVENT Ozzie from getting fired. He's not threatening Ozzie.

I REALLY hope it does not come across as a threat to Ozzie. I hope you are right Yas.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)
Be careful, 3 letter swears have gotten a lot of people in trouble this week.

We should fix the filters so you guys can see what I REALLY want to type about Kenny.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 04:20 AM)
I hated Keny when we seen his true colors. It was only a matter of time.

True colors? Are you serious? He did what any responsible executive would have done. He told Ozzie, in different words, to STFU! I'm happy he did it, as Ozzie was making himself out to look dumber every day. I could care less what he called Mariotti, as I'm sure most of us have called him something similar over the years. However, I'm disgusted at the way Ozzie has acted since. Why can't he just be quiet, and let the team be in the spotlight?

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
Im out guys. I need to cool down and have a drink. I just don't want a good thing ruined. This entire week has been blown out of proportion and you all know it.

Naw, you're just completely delusional per usual.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
True colors? Are you serious? He did what any responsible executive would have done. He told Ozzie, in different words, to STFU! I'm happy he did it, as Ozzie was making himself out to look dumber every day. I could care less what he called Mariotti, as I'm sure most of us have called him something similar over the years. However, I'm disgusted at the way Ozzie has acted since. Why can't he just be quiet, and let the team be in the spotlight?

Like I said, he could have done it internally. KW is above all that I thought. I thought he keeps matters like this in house. Well fat, I'd love to spend my saturday night chatting on soxtalk with you guys, but unfortunately, have to get drunk and hang out with girls.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:21 PM)
I REALLY hope it does not come across as a threat to Ozzie. I hope you are right Yas.

We should fix the filters so you guys can see what I REALLY want to type about Kenny.

I sincerely believe I am. Kenny does not want to fire Ozzie. No way in hell.

This entire week has been blown out of proportion and you all know it.

Perhaps if Ozzie would have just swallowed his pride, apoligized, and then STFU, we wouldn't still be talking about this. Ozzie continues to dig himself a deeper hole, and it's not just this Mariotti incident, it's a pattern of behavior.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 04:22 AM)
Im out guys. I need to cool down and have a drink. I just don't want a good thing ruined. This entire week has been blown out of proportion and you all know it.

Yep...and KW was the person who caused it to get out of control. :banghead

KW's trying to help Ozzie out, as he sees he's a runaway train right now.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:25 PM)

:cheers to that yas. I feel better coming out of this thread , then I did coming in. And a Hell of a lot better than right after reading the headline on espn.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:26 PM)
:cheers to that yas. I feel better coming out of this thread , then I did coming in. And a Hell of a lot better than right after reading the headline on espn.

I think ESPN spun that to suit their needs. Their lead in to the story on TV had the same spin to it. This is nothing more than KW trying to be proactive in a preventative mode as opposed to reactve and having to fire Ozzie because he has no choice.

I think you're 100% correct. KW will give Ozzie every opportunity to save himself, but if Ozzie continues his escalating bad behavior, then he'll give KW no choice. I hope that Ozzie realizes he's a hell of a manager, and has a hell of team, and that he can throw it all away if he doesn't clean up his act.

I just don't understand how a man of Ozzie's intelligence can continue to not realize his patttern of self destructive behavior needs to change.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)
I think you're 100% correct. KW will give Ozzie every opportunity to save himself, but if Ozzie continues his escalating bad behavior, then he'll give KW no choice. I hope that Ozzie realizes he's a hell of a manager, and has a hell of team, and that he can throw it all away if he doesn't clean up his act.

I just don't understand how a man of Ozzie's intelligence can continue to not realize his patttern of self destructive behavior needs to change.

Ozzie's learning that what he says as 'the face of the team' is much more scrutinized than it was when he was a ballplayer. I believe he'll catch on before he sticks his foot so far down his throat that he chokes on it. However, if not, he'll go down in flames and will embarrass the hell out of the organization. But, that's what it will take for Ozzie to be fired any time in the foreseeable future.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
I can see Ozzie quiting over this. If that happens Kenny Williams will not make it to next week alive. Ozzie is bigger than Kenny will ever be. I wish we had a new gm. Maybe If Ozzie quits and Gio turns out to be a complete stud, I will get my f***ing wish.

First thing Ozzie isnt quitting over this.

Second thing, who the f*** cares about Gio. For every Gio that we are missing out on because we got that Jim Thome character, we get a diamond in the rough like Jenks or Thornton. You know the players your new GM would of passed over. Jenks is worth more to our WS goals this year than Gio will be.

You realize that Gio is a prospect, and shockingly may or may not even make it.

Second thing, who the f*** cares about Gio.

Thank you. If anything, we should be caring about Chris Young. Gio is a "meh" prospect--maybe he'll turn into a middle of rotation innings eater, maybe he'll just be a fringe starter or 5th bullpen guy.

Young's cielling is much higher, and he's done nothing to change that this year.

It looks to me like KW is doing damage control with the national media. The organization has to appear to come down on Ozzie in order to make the story go away. There is no way that KW or JR want to dump Ozzie over this. I'm sure they want him to tone it down and have talked to him behind the scenes, but KW's press conference was for the benefit of the national media.

Just a humble draft pick's opinion.

If Kenny is seriously considering firing Ozzie, then he's lost his touch. I don't think he is though. If he were actually to do something so STUPID (and that would be about the most idiotic thing he could do at this point), he will have lost any credibility he's gained over the past few seasons.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 02:11 AM)
It absolutely amazes me that any White Sox fan could some how not love Kenny Williams.

I'm calling the NAACP...maybe they're on to something.

Seriously, KW has done more for the Sox than Ozzie Guillen ever will do. This current roster could probably win at a similar clip with me as the manager.

This thread is beyond hysterical. :D

KW is trying to get Ozzie to shut up. He also wants everyone to know the White Sox don't condone his recent behavior. I'm sure the initial refusal to go to sensitivity training has a lot to do with this. As I said a few days ago, Ozzie keeps pushing the envelope further and further. If he pushes it too far, the White Sox will have no choice. KW is just letting him and anyone else who's interested know that the envelope is getting close to the end of the table. It wouldn't surprise me, considering he thought about quitting last year, if Ozzie walks away at the end of this season or next. That's if his mouth will let him make it that far.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 02:11 AM)
It absolutely amazes me that any White Sox fan could some how not love Kenny Williams.

Who said they don't like Kenny Williams? If he makes stupid moves (i.e. firing Ozzie), he's going to lose all the goodwill and credibility he's built up recently. This is a "what have you done for me lately" business, and firing Ozzie is about the stupidest move he could make right now.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 02:23 AM)
I'm calling the NAACP...maybe they're on to something.

Seriously, KW has done more for the Sox than Ozzie Guillen ever will do. This current roster could probably win at a similar clip with me as the manager.

This thread is beyond hysterical. :D

Wow. It's unbelievable how quickly some forget 2003. The Sox had a team capable of winning a division, and potentially more that year, but because they had a crap manager, they ended up losing out to an inferior Twins team. Ozzie brings an energy and spark the team needs. To say that you could manage the team to a similar record is just a slap in the face to what Ozzie has done for this team since taking over.