Kenny's thoughts on Ozzie and possible consequences

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:52 AM)
Who said they don't like Kenny Williams?

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 12:16 AM)
Kenny brings in good chemistry guys, but he, himself is a f***ing bad apple. He needs to go. I'm tired of him trying to get his name in the headlines.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 12:19 AM)
Bulls***. Kenny is a power ridden ***

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
I hated Keny when we seen his true colors. It was only a matter of time.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my 2 cents...

To me it felt like KW was throwing Oz under the bus, but I dont know for sure. I hope im wrong.

Id love to hear player reactions to this. Im a huge fan of Ozzie and why people are so thin skinned when it comes to ozzie's talking I dont know. Every little thing he says gets blown out of proportion. Then for KW to even mention firing him after all hes done so far is just idiocy IMO. Id expect KW to show the same loyalty and support to Ozzie as Ozzie does toward the players. Stick up for eachother through thick and thin. Thats what a team is all about.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)
my 2 cents...

To me it felt like KW was throwing Oz under the bus, but I dont know for sure. I hope im wrong.

Id love to hear player reactions to this. Im a huge fan of Ozzie and why people are so thin skinned when it comes to ozzie's talking I dont know. Every little thing he says gets blown out of proportion. Then for KW to even mention firing him after all hes done so far is just idiocy IMO. Id expect KW to show the same loyalty and support to Ozzie as Ozzie does toward the players. Stick up for eachother through thick and thin. Thats what a team is all about.

Would you and anyone else who thinks its alright for Ozzie to say and do whatever he wants, think the same way if it were any of the other 29 MLB managers that say such things? KW did not throw Ozzie under the bus. He was talked to after the *** comment, and the next thing you read is Ozzie saying he's not going to comply with the commissioner's punishment. If anything, Ozzie is throwing the White Sox organization under the bus with his outrageous comments.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 04:51 AM)
If Kenny is seriously considering firing Ozzie, then he's lost his touch. I don't think he is though. If he were actually to do something so STUPID (and that would be about the most idiotic thing he could do at this point), he will have lost any credibility he's gained over the past few seasons.

I guarantee that if Ozzie is fired, it won't be KW's decision. If things get so bad that Ozzie eventually gets fired, then he'll deserve it.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 11:11 AM)
Would you and anyone else who thinks its alright for Ozzie to say and do whatever he wants, think the same way if it were any of the other 29 MLB managers that say such things? KW did not throw Ozzie under the bus. He was talked to after the *** comment, and the next thing you read is Ozzie saying he's not going to comply with the commissioner's punishment. If anything, Ozzie is throwing the White Sox organization under the bus with his outrageous comments.

^^^^^

KW stuck up for Ozzie initially, but he's not gonna support someone saying they're gonna ignore the commissioner. No team would do that.

Ozzie's comments after the game ticked me off, especially the "I don't need this job" bit. I can't imagine how KW and Oz would react if a player said, "I don't need to play here." He demands dedication to the team from his players, he damn well better show it himself.

Id expect KW to show the same loyalty and support to Ozzie as Ozzie does toward the players. Stick up for eachother through thick and thin. Thats what a team is all about.

KW has stuck up for Ozzie in the past, but this recent behavior, not even so much the *** comment anymore, but the whole "I'm not going to sensitivity training" comment is way over the line. Do what the damn commisioner asks and STFU about it.

Well you guys are giving ESPN exactly what they wanted. Honestly guys, how many seconds of that interview did they show? Do you think, just think that maybe 95% of the interview had to do with praising Ozzie, and maybe just maybe the last 5% of the interview was Kenny Williams warning Ozzie that if he doesn't calm down that he may have to make a managerial change?

All I'm saying is don't jump to conclusions about this s*** until you see the whole interview, which will be aired tonight. This is exactly what ESPN wants, they're most likely making something out of nothing. The producers at ESPN probably looked over the interview, and heard those words come out of Kenny's mouth creamed their pants. Why? It's simple, they want you to question, they want you to wonder if Kenny is serious about firing Guillen. It's television, THEY'RE FORCING YOU TO TUNE IN AND WATCH THE WHOLE GAME AND INTERVIEW. They did this because they knew that most Sox fans would start questioning and discussing what the hell Kenny meant, and if Kenny was going to fire Ozzie. (Which is exactly what is going on here).

As far as I am concerned, ESPN can kiss my ass, Mariotti and his buddies can kiss my ass, PTI can kiss my ass. For all of those fans that were complaining about how we don't get enough national media attention...well we got it now, and I'm sick of it.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 11:45 AM)
Well you guys are giving ESPN exactly what they wanted. Honestly guys, how many seconds of that interview did they show? Do you think, just think that maybe 95% of the interview had to do with praising Ozzie, and maybe just maybe the last 5% of the interview was Kenny Williams warning Ozzie that if he doesn't calm down that he may have to make a managerial change?

All I'm saying is don't jump to conclusions about this s*** until you see the whole interview, which will be aired tonight. This is exactly what ESPN wants, they're most likely making something out of nothing. The producers at ESPN probably looked over the interview, and heard those words come out of Kenny's mouth creamed their pants. Why? It's simple, they want you to question, they want you to wonder if Kenny is serious about firing Guillen. It's television, THEY'RE FORCING YOU TO TUNE IN AND WATCH THE WHOLE GAME AND INTERVIEW. They did this because they knew that most Sox fans would start questioning and discussing what the hell Kenny meant, and if Kenny was going to fire Ozzie. (Which is exactly what is going on here).

As far as I am concerned, ESPN can kiss my ass, Mariotti and his buddies can kiss my ass, PTI can kiss my ass. For all of those fans that were complaining about how we don't get enough national media attention...well we got it now, and I'm sick of it.

It doesn't make a difference if it's 2% or 89% of the interview. He said it, it's out there. I don't think he's serious about firing Ozzie, but it IS interesting he made the comment.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 10:55 AM)
It doesn't make a difference if it's 2% or 89% of the interview. He said it, it's out there. I don't think he's serious about firing Ozzie, but it IS interesting he made the comment.

True. But it looks worse right now because it's magnified. This is baseball guys, managers get fired. It's unpredictable. Jesus Ozzie could win the World Series this year, and for some reason the Sox could finish in 4th place the next 3 years.

It is interesting he said it however all I'm saying is that I really think ESPN is making a whole lot of nothing, into something. (Which is what the media does)

Edited by CWSOX45

We are having possibly the best year and half in white sox history and the fact that theres even talk of or even the word "firing" being brought up about our manager is just Ridiculous. We are winning games thats all that matters. Deal with situations like this when we arnt near the top of the league standings.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1

I have a question for all the Ozzie defenders here. First of all, did KW say he is going to fire Ozzie? No he didn't, so calm down already. Kenny is saying that if Ozzie continues down this path, he might have to fire him....and you know what, he's RIGHT!! If Ozzie keeps this s*** up, eventually Kenny will have no choice, sorry but that's the fact.

Second question, who is more important, KW or Ozzie?? The answer is KW by far, and your simply lying to yourself if you say otherwise. OZZIE HIMSELF says "you can't win the Kentucky Derby riding a donkey" and KENNY is the man that has put together these spectacular rosters the last 2 years for Ozzie to work with. We can find somebody else to manage this team to titles if we had to for some God awful reason fire Ozzie....as long as we have KW building our roster. If KW were gone?? It would be a lot harder to win, since no manager can win with a roster full of s***, and we'd have to find a great GM to replace Kenny in that senario.

ARGHHHHHHH!!!

Kenny is a great GM.

Ozzie is a great manager.

Thre is NO Kenny>Ozzie or Ozzie>Kenny debate. That's stupid. Plain and simple.

Ozzie needs to learn more control. Kenny is just showing the organization is strong and in control.

Ozzie will NOT be fired by KW or JR. Ozzie will NOT quit because of anythign KW says.

Enough.

This thread is silly.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
ARGHHHHHHH!!!

Kenny is a great GM.

Ozzie is a great manager.

Thre is NO Kenny>Ozzie or Ozzie>Kenny debate. That's stupid. Plain and simple.

Ozzie needs to learn more control. Kenny is just showing the organization is strong and in control.

Ozzie will NOT be fired by KW or JR. Ozzie will NOT quit because of anythign KW says.

Enough.

This thread is silly.

Are you saying there is NOTHING Ozzie could say that would leave KW and JR no choice but to fire him? I can think of a million. The scariest part of it is that I'm beginning to think Ozzie is capable of saying a lot of them.

Without Ozzie, Kenny does not look like a genius. Ozzie has deflected numerous of bad trades Kenny has made, and made some his trade look very good, due to his managerial decisions. This should of been talked about face to face (maybe it was, I hoping) then come out and say it to the press.

Ozzie has deflected numerous of bad trades Kenny has made, and made some his trade look very good, due to his managerial decisions.

Examples? I'm pretty sure Garcia, Vasquez, Thome, etc would have performed almost EXACTLY the same if Ozzie was say, an astronaut, instead of White Sox manager.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
Without Ozzie, Kenny does not look like a genius. Ozzie has deflected numerous of bad trades Kenny has made, and made some his trade look very good, due to his managerial decisions. This should of been talked about face to face (maybe it was, I hoping) then come out and say it to the press.

Nope, this is the sort of thing that needs to be said publically, the organization has taken a major hit this past week with Ozzie acting like a child. KW is just trying to restore some sort of credibility to the team. Who knows what he said to Ozzie in private, you all act like they don't talk off the field, for all you know KW and Ozzie discussed this before KW even did the interview.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
Nope, this is the sort of thing that needs to be said publically, the organization has taken a major hit this past week with Ozzie acting like a child. KW is just trying to restore some sort of credibility to the team. Who knows what he said to Ozzie in private, you all act like they don't talk off the field, for all you know KW and Ozzie discussed this before KW even did the interview.

Correct, I said hoepfully it was face to face then to the press.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)

I would love to see the reaction of this board if Ozzie was the Tigers manager after this week of stupidity. I guarantee "classless organization" and "fire him now" would be uttered repeatedly.

Edited by Chisoxrd5

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)
I would love to see the reaction of this board if Ozzie was the Tigers manager after this week of stupidity. I guarantee "classless organization" and "fire him now" would be uttered repeatedly.

Sadly this is true, a whole hell of a lot of Sox fans are drinking the kool-aid right now and ignoring the situation simply because it's Ozzie being Ozzie and the team is winning. So hypocritical.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
Sadly this is true, a whole hell of a lot of Sox fans are drinking the kool-aid right now and ignoring the situation simply because it's Ozzie being Ozzie and the team is winning. So hypocritical.

"Ozzie being Ozzie" is quickly supplanting "smartball and smallball" as the dumbest phrase in White Sox Nation.