AL dominance

YASNY

I was listening to "The V Show" last night at around 3:00 AM, (don't ask), and he did a solid hour and half on straight baseball, and straight White Sox at that! Him and his guests pretty much argued that Mets are the only team in the NL that could even give a halfassed series to the top 4-5 teams in the AL.

I have to agree.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:53 AM)
I was listening to "The V Show" last night at around 3:00 AM, (don't ask), and he did a solid hour and half on straight baseball, and straight White Sox at that! Him and his guests pretty much argued that Mets are the only team in the NL that could even give a halfassed series to the top 4-5 teams in the AL.

I have to agree.

I disagree about the Mets.. they arent anything special..

The Mets may be the only team in the NL to put up a fight against an AL team in a best of 7, but I still don't think they're that good either. If I were to name the best teams in the big leagues, it would probably look like this...

1. White Sox

2. Tigers

3. Red Sox

4. Oakland

5. Yankees

6. Mets

I honestly don't see the Mets winning a best of 7 series with any of those 5 listed above. Yes, they have a better record than most of these teams, but imagine the our record if we got to play in the NL.

ALCS=World Series. If we make the playoffs again, it's almost like we're 7 wins from repeating as the Champs, that's how big a difference these 2 leagues have right now. I think the Mets are pretty good, but other than them.....I have no reason to believe that any other NL team does not suck.