Official 2006 NBA Draft Thread

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
I'd do that trade again in a heartbeat. The upside would have been Duncan/Robinson, we are experiencing the downside right now and still have made the playoffs more than Elton Brand.

There goes any kind of basketball knowledge credibility you may have had...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
It wouldn't happen until Mid-July because of Salary cap issues.

What salary cap issues? I've heard TC is included in the trade which means we could make it work. I don't think we're doing it simply because I don't think KG will ever be anything else other than a TWolve, but it's possible.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
What salary cap issues? I've heard TC is included in the trade which means we could make it work. I don't think we're doing it simply because I don't think KG will ever be anything else other than a TWolve, but it's possible.

It would have to be July 1st when the Bulls FA become OFFICIAL FA's. This is what I have read. The deal would happen July 1st at the earliest.

Join us: http://www.talkbulls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=580&st=0

Ok the draft's about to kick off.

Boston is gettin Ratliff and Telfair for Dickau, LaFrentz and the #7.

And TRU, the Cats are probably gonna take Morrison at #3. We may have a shot at Gay after all.

The guy from South Carolina was a terrific player in college. His only knock is that he's undersized. Of course it will still be bllown out of proportion the next couple days.

Wow, the Boston Celtics just traded INTO the draft to get Rajon Rondo. :lol: It's funny how the "lower-tier" PGs are as good, if not better than, the "higher-tier" PGs.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
The guy from South Carolina was a terrific player in college. His only knock is that he's undersized. Of course it will still be bllown out of proportion the next couple days.

Wow, the Boston Celtics just traded INTO the draft to get Rajon Rondo. :lol: It's funny how the "lower-tier" PGs are as good, if not better than, the "higher-tier" PGs.

He averaged 9.5 pts and 6.3 rebounds. If that is terrific then 80% of the starters in college basketball are terrific.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:50 AM)
He averaged under 9.5 pts and 6.3 rebounds. If that is terrific then 80% of the starters in college basketball are terrific.

Because offense is the only thing that counts.

But anyway, Balkman won't be anything more than a role-player(which is fine for this draft). He's one of the best defenders, if not the best, defenders in the draft. He'll be able to come off the bench and shut down pretty much anyone else at the SF position, which isn't all too common in the NBA these days.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:48 AM)
The Nets just got the steal of the draft.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:52 AM)
I like Marcus Williams too.

Marcus Williams turns the ball way too much to be a point guard in the NBA and the only thing he'll steal will be lap-tops(Betcha never heard that one before ;)).

I wouldn't take this guy anywhere in the first round.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
Because offense is the only thing that counts.

But anyway, Balkman won't be anything more than a role-player(which is fine for this draft). He's one of the best defenders, if not the best, defenders in the draft. He'll be able to come off the bench and shut down pretty much anyone else at the SF position, which isn't all too common in the NBA these days.

Marcus Williams turns the ball way too much to be a point guard in the NBA and the only thing he'll steal will be lap-tops(Betcha never heard that one before ;)).

I wouldn't take this guy anywhere in the first round.

He did turn the ball over too much for my liking as well but I love how he controls a game. He also just has such a beautiful and soft touch, and he's easily the best passer in this draft. He'll be a great pg, no doubt in my mind.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
Absolutely pissed about Tyrus :angry: Like the Sefolosha pick though.

P.S. The Knicks are still retarded.

Agree mostly. I'm not thrilled with the Thomas pick, but Aldridge has always seemed soft to me and Thomas definitely plays with energy.

Also, Chad Ford has been right on about most things he has said today, and according to him, the hot rumor among GMs has the Bulls dealing for KG. The Thomas pick could be a prelude to that.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
Agree mostly. I'm not thrilled with the Thomas pick, but Aldridge has always seemed soft to me and Thomas definitely plays with energy.

Also, Chad Ford has been right on about most things he has said today, and according to him, the hot rumor among GMs has the Bulls dealing for KG. The Thomas pick could be a prelude to that.

Right. I've heard that as well and that's why I should hold out on my disappointment cause I'd be thrilled with KG. I dislike Thomas so much though, so I'm hoping Mr. Ford is right.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 01:59 AM)
He did turn the ball over too much for my liking as well but I love how he controls a game. He also just has such a beautiful and soft touch, and he's easily the best passer in this draft. He'll be a great pg, no doubt in my mind.

Nonetheless, the guy is still an absolute tool. He failed to qualify academically at UCONN(which is really saying something considering he played for Calhoun). Then the laptop incident happened. We all know how that story went.

I wouldn't want this guy anywhere near my club. If you want a PG, take a chance on a guy like Mardi Collins, who has been a consensus lottery pick as recently as Winter. The depth at PG in this draft was too great to risk it and pick a guy like Williams.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
Right. I've heard that as well and that's why I should hold out on my disappointment cause I'd be thrilled with KG. I dislike Thomas so much though, so I'm hoping Mr. Ford is right.

Well, we wont know until July 1st at the earliest. I'll have my fingers crossed until then