White Sox v. Astros, 6/25 Game Thread, ESPN, Vazquez v. Oswalt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
Vazquez's ERA is creeping towards 5. It's too f***ing bad the Dbacks couldn't convince the Tigers to give up Granderson and Zumaya for him.

Omar Minaya loves Javy. He tried just as many times as KW did to get him.

Aint going to happen, but just a thought.

Its a f***ing shame we gave up Chris Young for a gopherballer named Vazquez.

He won't even sniff our playoff rotation.

He'd have about 3 or 4 wins w/o the ridiculous run support we've given him.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
Pull them all off the field. This team BLOWS!!!!!!!!!

Quit being such a troll. Vazquez deserves to be s*** on because he f***ing sucks tonight. If you cant handle it when someone criticizes our players for sucking then you need to crawl back under whatever rock you came from.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:43 AM)
Something that you are going to complain about?

What do I win?

Yep, the Sox are losing. Thus, it's time to attack my posts. I guess I'm the people's punching bag. :P

It's time for our high-priced pitching staff to start pitching like it. Our offense isn't going to keep up its torrid pace all season long.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
Yep, the Sox are losing. Thus, it's time to attack my posts. I guess I'm the people's punching bag. :P

It's time for our high-priced pitching staff to start pitching like it. Our offense isn't going to keep up its torrid pace all season long.

LOL? You're not a punching bag, didn't you see, you are everybody's favorite poster.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
What are 4.66, 4.77, and 5.76?

I said it once and I'll say it again, if we have a shot at acquiring another good starting pitcher then we shouldn't hesitate. Our starting pitching is average, maybe even below average with Jose struggling lately.

For people complaining about Vazquez not throwing enough fastballs:

First, his fastball is 92 mph, and not what this gun says.

Second, his fastball, especially to lefties, is notorious for ending up very deep in the stands.

From my perspective, his slider and his change are his out pitches. His fastball and curve get hit very hard.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
I said it once and I'll say it again, if we have a shot at acquiring another good starting pitcher then we shouldn't hesitate. Our starting pitching is average, maybe even below average with Jose struggling lately.

We have an adequate starter in the pen, his name is B-Mac.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:46 AM)

No way will this happen. We're going to win or die with our current 5 starters.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
For people complaining about Vazquez not throwing enough fastballs:

First, his fastball is 92 mph, and not what this gun says.

Second, his fastball, especially to lefties, is notorious for ending up very deep in the stands.

From my perspective, his slider and his change are his out pitches. His fastball and curve get hit very hard.

Im totally with you there. Had he thrown the slider there 0-2 he gets out of it with no damage