White Sox v. Astros, 6/25 Game Thread, ESPN, Vazquez v. Oswalt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
For people complaining about Vazquez not throwing enough fastballs:

First, his fastball is 92 mph, and not what this gun says.

Second, his fastball, especially to lefties, is notorious for ending up very deep in the stands.

From my perspective, his slider and his change are his out pitches. His fastball and curve get hit very hard.

He is throwing a 4 seamer that is getting pounded.

I havent seen too many 2 seamers.

According to Ozzie, Javy is throwing the ball real well. Its the park that plays small.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:48 AM)
He is throwing a 4 seamer that is getting pounded.

I havent seen too many 2 seamers.

According to Ozzie, Javy is throwing the ball real well. Its the park that plays small.

Unless the fence was 410 feet all around, those would have been home runs.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
We have an adequate starter in the pen, his name is B-Mac.

Ozzie's not giving up his son-in-law's rotation spot, or his Puerto Rican golfing buddy's rotation spot, or the 3yr-$30 M extension guy's spot to a rookie.

Only way another starter gets into this rotation is if KW swallows his pride and adds another starter.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)
It would be nice to get a few runs here, elevate Roys pitch count. So we can get to Qualls again.

If Garner throws Qualls out there against us again he's a bigger idiot than I give him credit for.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)
Ozzie's not giving up his son-in-law's rotation spot, or his Puerto Rican golfing buddy's rotation spot, or the 3yr-$30 M extension guy's spot to a rookie.

Only way another starter gets into this rotation is if KW swallows his pride and adds another starter.

It's not going to happen, I will guarantee that. If your 50 million dollar starting staff falters, then you don't deserve to make the playoffs.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)

We won't acquire a starter, if anyone goes into the rotation, it'll be Mac.

End of discussion.

Well, so much for the not getting personal with insults vs. players edict on SoxTalk, and it's not the kids who are flinging the nonsense, oh well.

He missed location badly on two pitches, they couldn't get Berkman out in October and they're having a tough time this series too. He is a good hitter but why not go up and in under his hands, that's the part I don't get.

Cooper needs to pull Vazquez, Pierzynski, and Widger aside before the start vs. the Cubs and make sure the game plan is straight in everyone's heads. I sense that Vazquez and Pierzynski aren't on the same page tonite. Lots of shakeoffs from what I can see.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)
Ozzie's not giving up his son-in-law's rotation spot, or his Puerto Rican golfing buddy's rotation spot

I still cringe at the picture that existed of them standing by a golf cart the day before the trade happened.