White Sox v. Astros, 6/25 Game Thread, ESPN, Vazquez v. Oswalt

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
Because we have McCarthy waiting for his turn in the bullpen. You should know better than to think Ozzie's going to demote one of his starting pitchers. Vazquez and Garcia could have 20.5 ERAs, and they'd be safe.

All I'm saying is McCarthy isn't going to start over anyone in this rotation. So to me, talking about McCarthy is a moot point. The only way one of Vazquez, Garcia, or Garland moves to the bullpen is if KW actually acquires another high caliber, veteran pitcher.

I realize it won't probably won't happen, but I think it should, and that's why I mentioned it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)
What a f***ing joke of a pitching performance tonight, all around. Montero, how the hell do you get to stay here over Tracey??

:huh :huh :huh

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 02:09 AM)
What a f***ing joke of a pitching performance tonight, all around. Montero, how the hell do you get to stay here over Tracey??

How did Montero pitch in the 8th inning against the Tigers in a one run game?

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
I like the way you think, have lidge come in to get some work and light him up.

yeah, not like he's the best closer in the NL or anything like that.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
I don't think KW gave up as much as he did in order to bring in a high-priced 5th starter.

awww forget Javy, lets just get back Scott Schoenweis :bang

QUOTE(Dan @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
yeah, not like he's the best closer in the NL or anything like that.

yeah you know that 4.67ERA and 3 blown saves, that makes him the best closer in the NL.....

Edited by beautox

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
I don't think KW gave up as much as he did in order to bring in a high-priced 5th starter.

So what exactly is Don Cooper doing that is so amazing? Vazquez is as s***ty this year as he has been in the last 5 years.

Even though we looked like absolut s*** tonight....i really don't mind that much, i came into this game expecting a loss.....Oswalt is the man and 10 in a row.....nah.....the only thing that burns is that the Tigs won today

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:14 PM)
yeah you know that 4.67ERA and 3 blown saves, that makes him the best closer in the NL.....

i hope you were just listening to Gammons words. they were about the most intelligent thing the guys ever said.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 02:15 AM)
So what exactly is Don Cooper doing that is so amazing? Vazquez is as s***ty this year as he has been in the last 5 years.

He's not amazing. However, I give him credit for helping Thornton this year. Vazquez has done a much better job keeping the ball in the park this season, but as it gets hotter out, he's going to really have to start folling hitters better.

QUOTE(Dan @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
i hope you were just listening to Gammons words. they were about the most intelligent thing the guys ever said.

Sorry i was to busy watching braveheart